Sponsored

We’re at it again. Testing 2.5" lift on the rubicon at Chinaman Gulch

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
@Kevin8086 That’s awesome to show the improvement from such a cheap mod. What are your thoughts with running a 37” tire with the rough country lift, do,you think they would fit? That extra 1” in hight the tires would give may get rid of the little scraping that was left.

Personally I plan on 35s for day to day, but if 37s would fit with the rough country lift that would be a good option for a spare set to swap to for off road trips.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
"Basically kissed that rock"

Yea I would call that an Eskimo Kiss! :like:

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@Kevin8086 That’s awesome to show the improvement from such a cheap mod. What are your thoughts with running a 37” tire with the rough country lift, do,you think they would fit? That extra 1” in hight the tires would give may get rid of the little scraping that was left.

Personally I plan on 35s for day to day, but if 37s would fit with the rough country lift that would be a good option for a spare set to swap to for off road trips.
37s would be great but the carrier for the spare is about 900 to fit a 37 safely.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
37s would be great but the carrier for the spare is about 900 to fit a 37 safely.
Yeah, I am hoping the Teraflex version will be cheaper.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I’m not sure you really need to worry as much as people do about the spare. I run a 37 on mine with Kevin’s lift and the RC relocation bracket. It doesn’t even feel like a bigger tire is on it. Oh and with the 2.5 lift 37’s are fine. I don’t have any rubbing even without spacers. I just adjusted the steering stops a couple turns.

Kevin, those are some sweet videos. Awesome job on them! We need to catch some trails sometime this summer. Meet us up at Holy Cross or the like. Sorry to hijack.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’m not sure you really need to worry as much as people do about the spare. I run a 37 on mine with Kevin’s lift and the RC relocation bracket. It doesn’t even feel like a bigger tire is on it. Oh and with the 2.5 lift 37’s are fine. I don’t have any rubbing even without spacers. I just adjusted the steering stops a couple turns.

Kevin, those are some sweet videos. Awesome job on them! We need to catch some trails sometime this summer. Meet us up at Holy Cross or the like. Sorry to hijack.
Forcsure, I’ve been wanting to do holy cross. I want to bring the land cruiser and the jeep. I’ve heard the door and hinges will bend with a 37. Not sure how true that is.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forcsure, I’ve been wanting to do holy cross. I want to bring the land cruiser and the jeep. I’ve heard the door and hinges will bend with a 37. Not sure how true that is.
There was a video running around but who knows how it happened. Seems like a crease developed. I’ll worry about it if one develops. And if it does, I won’t worry about it anymore. Lol

Holy Cross is fun. Can be challenging in the creek but super cool scenery. PM me next time you are up by Beuna vista area. We are about 1:45 away from there.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
There was a video running around but who knows how it happened. Seems like a crease developed. I’ll worry about it if one develops. And if it does, I won’t worry about it anymore. Lol

Holy Cross is fun. Can be challenging in the creek but super cool scenery. PM me next time you are up by Beuna vista area. We are about 1:45 away from there.
You should organize a JL trail weekend. I am not sure if I will be in MO or AZ yet depending on the time, but would head to CO either way. I spent some time in Pagosa springs, silverton, and Durango last year in my WK2 Trailhawk and can’t wait to head there in my Rubicon.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could sure try. This summer I have to stay sorta close by trails here. Basically Day trip. But there are a lot of trails around me so I’m pretty lucky. I haven’t been up to silverton for a year or two and miss it a lot even though I’ve run all 76 miles of the alpine loop. It never gets old.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Best thing it to message me through fb messenger.
https://www.facebook.com/100000747972894

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
That’s crazy! This new JL is so impressive. Nice driving and spotting as well :like: Still waiting for my JLUR to be delivered. Planning to do 35’s and a 2” budget lift I think is the express for ~$399. I will probably never do even close to that extreme, but it is nice to see how well it is working for you. I haven’t done any real four wheeling since my lifted 86’ Toyota pickup way back in the day:cwl::clap::clap::clap: