First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135I, Honda S2000, Cadillac ATS, Chev Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Doors and windows are off my 2019 Rubicon. Dang thing won't start but thats another issue. Since i couldn't put it in the garage, it slept outside. Had the absolute worst rainstorm ever. Inside got soaked! As far as i know, only one drain hole each in front floors. Floor mats were in and water was standing in them, both front and back seats. Why didn't the water drain and how will i keep carpet from stinkin?
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Doors and windows are off my 2019 Rubicon. Dang thing won't start but thats another issue. Since i couldn't put it in the garage, it slept outside. Had the absolute worst rainstorm ever. Inside got soaked! As far as i know, only one drain hole each in front floors. Floor mats were in and water was standing in them, both front and back seats. Why didn't the water drain and how will i keep carpet from stinkin?
It has happened to me 3 times. It is a bit of a pain but not so bad. Make sure you open all drain plugs theyre all around the jeep, front, middle, back. Not just front.

The carpet comes out of the jeep very easily, the entire thing is designed so you can pull it out. And I mean the entire carpet. Take it out and open all plugs, let the carpet dry out for a day or two and thats it.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
It has happened to me 3 times. It is a bit of a pain but not so bad. Make sure you open all drain plugs theyre all around the jeep, front, middle, back. Not just front.

The carpet comes out of the jeep very easily, the entire thing is designed so you can pull it out. Take it out and open all plugs, let the carpet dry out for a day or two and thats it.
Can you pull the whole carpet without unbolting the seats? I've wanted to pull mine and clean it (and ideally swap it for something more appropriate for the task) but always figured it was a bit more involved.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Can you pull the whole carpet without unbolting the seats? I've wanted to pull mine and clean it (and ideally swap it for something more appropriate for the task) but always figured it was a bit more involved.
The carpet is tucked in throughout the Jeep so you can just pull it out. No need to unbolt anything.

Sponsored

FishEyeZeroOne

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
When this happened to me in my ‘18 JLU, I just pulled the carpet and drain plugs - never put it back. I put in the Mopar all-weather mats. When I got my ‘20 Willys, I pulled the carpet on day 2. All this to say, who needs carpet?! Oh! If you have the storage under your rear deck, check in there - it’s a massive water collector...

ryansjeep48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
When this happened to me in my ‘18 JLU, I just pulled the carpet and drain plugs - never put it back. I put in the Mopar all-weather mats. When I got my ‘20 Willys, I pulled the carpet on day 2. All this to say, who needs carpet?! Oh! If you have the storage under your rear deck, check in there - it’s a massive water collector...
This sounds like a great idea! Any chance you can snap a few pics of the floors without carpet?

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
My first real "mod" (on the second day after I picked up my JLR) was to remove ALL of the carpet and replace it with BedTred.

https://bedrug.com/bedtred-jeep-cargo-liners/2020/jeep/wrangler

It's only been two weeks but I'm really pleased with it.

My side & rear windows (vinyl) have been off this whole time & the constant rain (in Houston) hasn't been an issue at all.

I'll never put the carpet back in. I need to figure out what to do with it.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
What about all of the electrical stuff in the dash? I would think rain and moisture could ruin all sorts of stuff....

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What about all of the electrical stuff in the dash? I would think rain and moisture could ruin all sorts of stuff....
I had a VERY hard 20 minute sideways torrential rain hose my dash while I watched helplessly from inside a Subway restaurant. Other than the Uconnect touch screen going wonky when wet, there was no harm done, once it dried out.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
yes you can. Ive done it.

ObtuseMeatball

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Soft Top Firecracker Red
Occupation
IT Nerd
I just pulled mine today after getting back from the lake to find an inch or two of water in the floor boards (apparently a decent rainstorm for a little while).

It was a little tricky getting them out at first. It looks like Jeep puts the carpets in first before installing the seats, so you have to separate some pieces where they're scored before they'll pop out. Once you do that they pretty much pull out in three big pieces (driver, passenger, and rear bench). After each piece was out, I was able to pull all the other drain plugs, too. They're just going to stay out all the time now.

I figure I'll take the shop vac to them tomorrow just make sure they're dry, but going to leave them out until it's time for the doors to go back on. It actually looks pretty good without the carpet in. Bonus: the wife likes it better without the carpet!
Sponsored