First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Haven't seen anyone post about these, although they are pretty new. I have no interest in putting lights in the hood, but does anyone else think that installing just the scoops would be kinda cool in a "Challenger SRT" sort of way? From looking at the install instructions, it seems they could actually be made functional. Well, somewhat functional.

I recently swapped out the stock Wrangler grille inserts for the Gladiator inserts. Could probably cut pieces of the leftover Wrangler grille to fit in the hood scoops.

Or is that just asinine?

Westin Part #: 62-41115

Jeep Wrangler JL Westin Rubicon Hood Scoop Lights 1589375640163

Jeep Wrangler JL Westin Rubicon Hood Scoop Lights 1589375660374
Sponsored

Last edited:

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
My opinion is the westin part looks cheap and aftermarket. No matter what you do the look will not be as polished as OEM.

I would think at some point we will see some nice replacement vent options that look good.

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
I dont know how functional lights that close to the surface of the hood and that far back from the front of the hood will work. A lot of the light will be reflecting off the hood surface in my opinion.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I dont know how functional lights that close to the surface of the hood and that far back from the front of the hood will work. A lot of the light will be reflecting off the hood surface in my opinion.
Yea I agree. Like I said, I have no interest in the lights. I just thought the hood scoops, without the lights, may look cool since it sorta mirrors the Challenger SRT scoops.

However, I HATE how they laser cut “Westin” into the metal.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Yea I agree. Like I said, I have no interest in the lights. I just thought the hood scoops, without the lights, may look cool since it sorta mirrors the Challenger SRT scoops.

However, I HATE how they laser cut “Westin” into the metal.
Agreed. You have to wonder, is the company making these accessories that hard up for advertising that they make the terrible decision to put the logo there at the cost of aesthetics? It seems so.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Looks like there's a version that doesn't require their intake. Nice find; looks like exactly what OP was looking for.
That’s exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

On a different note, I seem to have an issue with notifications on this forum. I was subscribed to this thread, even with email notification, but never got any notification of the last two posts, so I’m just now seeing this. Same thing has happened on a few prior threads. That happen to anyone else?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That’s exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

On a different note, I seem to have an issue with notifications on this forum. I was subscribed to this thread, even with email notification, but never got any notification of the last two posts, so I’m just now seeing this. Same thing has happened on a few prior threads. That happen to anyone else?
I've had some notification issues as well. Maybe it's from the forum software update?
Sponsored