Westin fenders trigger turn signal error

a.tejeda

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
I installed the westin fender flares with the built in turn signals/side marker. Wired everything according to instructions and all the lights work as they should but my dash says the turn signals are not working.

Did anyone install the same and encountered a similar issue?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the westin fender flares with the built in turn signals/side marker. Wired everything according to instructions and all the lights work as they should but my dash says the turn signals are not working.

Did anyone install the same and encountered a similar issue?
It's common when replacing factory LEDs with aftermarket LEDs to get that front turn signal out message on every start up. I have a Tazer mini, which allows access to the Jeep's light settings. It asks "LED front turns? Yes/No". I had to switch it from yes to no and back to yes, then reboot. It fixed the error message and the fast flashing turn indicator. If you don't have a Tazer or don't want to get one, you might have to find a competent dealer tech at a place that's friendly towards aftermarket parts.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Probably need to wire in-line resistors to make the ECU think you still have the halogens.

OP
OP

a.tejeda

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably need to wire in-line resistors to make the ECU think you still have the halogens.
I have LEDs. I’ll purchase the Tazer as states above and hopefully that fixes it.

OP
OP

a.tejeda

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's common when replacing factory LEDs with aftermarket LEDs to get that front turn signal out message on every start up. I have a Tazer mini, which allows access to the Jeep's light settings. It asks "LED front turns? Yes/No". I had to switch it from yes to no and back to yes, then reboot. It fixed the error message and the fast flashing turn indicator. If you don't have a Tazer or don't want to get one, you might have to find a competent dealer tech at a place that's friendly towards aftermarket parts.
I purchased the Tazer mini and did what you did and it didn’t fix the issue. I’m starting to think i should just put my OEM fender flares back on.
Sponsored