Sponsored

Western dealer recommendations for 392 order

1CJ1ZJ2JK1JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR392
I've been tracking the usual threads discussing dealers but I'm hoping for some advice on my specific needs.

Western region - I'm in Phoenix and wouldn't mind traveling for the right deal but here's the rub. I've got a trade that would significantly lower the tax burden of the 392 pricetag. I think the logistics costs of buying on the east coast would eat up a lot of that advantage.

Affiliate Rewards - My company is a participant in the AR program. I bought my '19 using it, in fact. A dealer that would accommodate would be great. If I can't get the deal of a century, at least gimme better than sticker.

Trade in - As mentioned above, I have a trade that would take up the lion's share of the 392 purchase price. How does that work for an order? Can I offload it right away? I have other vehicles so I can let it go immediately or park it for the duration.

So that's what I've come up with for criteria. Looking for first hand experience, advice, recommendations and things I've not considered.

Thanks,
James
Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Maybe I'm not fully understanding what specifically you're unsure of.

As for trade-ins, if you want to reduce the tax burden and thus are trading a vehicle in, most dealers will only give you a trade-in value and accept the trade-in at the time you're accepting the new vehicle. What I mean by this is, if you're ordering a vehicle, you won't negotiate the trade-in value and surrender the vehicle to the dealer until your ordered Jeep 392 is built and has arrived at the dealership.

The other way to go is to order the new Jeep, sell the "trade-in" privately (either quickly through Carvana or Vroom or Carmax or the like, or the old fashioned way with a private sale) and use the funds from the sale as a down payment on the 392. Now, with this option you won't get the new vehicle sales tax relief but if you owe money on the vehicle you're getting rid of, the few months without that payment while you're waiting on your new Jeep 392 to be built could very easily wind up being more advantageous than the tax discount. This will all be based on an evaluation of your individual finances but, if you're in the financial position to order a Jeep 392, I assume you know all this already.

As for your physical location, you've mentioned you have already looked through the top threads on dealer ordering and pricing so I assume you're aware of the high volume dealers within a reasonable distance from you (reasonable being whatever you're comfortable driving your trade to and your 392 back from, I reckon). I can't say for sure which ones will have the absolute best price on a 392 order specifically, but I think that would be an easy question to answer by shooting an email to each of the high volume dealerships in your reasonable distance circle with the specific build you want to buy, a mention that you have an Affiliate discount membership, and that would like to trade a vehicle for tax relief. See which one comes back with the best price and, if it's a price you're willing to pay, get your order submitted.