West of Montréal...anyone out here?

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Just thought I would give a poke to see if anyone is out off the West side of Montreal Island.

As well if anyone has good mechanics/places to recommend

Thanks!
Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Cheers! I live downtown, but I do spend some time in the Waste-Island... There are not many Montrealers active on these forums. I see a ton of STOCK JLs downtown, but not many who get them dirty like me.

Recommendations? Garage MAD4x4 is in St-Laurent (Henri-Bourassa/A13). Adam and Michael are true Jeep people have been great to me and I have a Teraflex lift kit on order with them to be installed in the next few weeks.

There's also PJF4x4 in Vaudreuil, but their website seems to have disappeared, so not sure about that.

If I don't get my parts through MAD, it's usually Northridge4x4.ca.

OP
OP
CRZYCDN

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Ever deal with 4wheel parts on the south shore?
I have meet/talked with the guys from MAD4x4 ( they were at the dealer) when I got my JLUR - First ocean blue here...so everyone was looking/playing with it...lol as well a couple people at the dealer recommended them for "upgrades"
I'm looking at getting Power Stop Z36 - heavy/tow breaking...seems like good breaks/reviews.

I have stopped in PJF4x4 about a year back, they seemed ok, but I didn't talk with them long enough to really get a good idea on them.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I had some work on my previous pickup done at 4WheelParts in Chateauguay. I buy some parts there too if the price is right. I think my Smittybilt winch came from there. I find they're usually too busy to be helpful, but that's what happens when there aren't many shops around. I was at MAD4x4 on Friday to have new rock sliders installed. Also did a Bolt hood lock myself today.

I believe I have (one of?) the first Sting-Gray in Canada. It was ordered the first day that colour was available to order, but I guess others could have been delivered sooner. Custom order took almost 4 months... Now she's 2+ and ready to grow up!

Jeep Wrangler JL West of Montréal...anyone out here? PXL_20201002_173324584

OP
OP
CRZYCDN

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Nice looking rig!
How was the Bolt lock? I had one on the JK. Did you use/come with rivets?
What mud flaps do you have?
I just installed the Rokblokz XL on the weekend...not bad not 100% satisfied esp with the price...

So many other toys/upgrades...but $$ as they say with JEEP= Just empty every pocket...

Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
The Bolt lock was super easy. I did NOT use the rivets that came with it, only because my rivet gun is not large enough. Nuts and bolts for now, I'll carry the rivets in the console and pop them in the next time I can get my hands on a decent rivet gun.

The Rokblokz were not yet available when I install mud flaps, and I wanted a more flexible option anyways, so I did custom rubber. I'll have to re-do the rears after the suspension lift in a few weeks. Can't drive in winter here without flaps, the snow is terrible on the side of the Jeep.

OP
OP
CRZYCDN

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Oh yes indeed...I have the stone chips to show for it. Although the step boards I have on mine helped alot...but shout be much better with the mud flaps too.

Same last time I used SS nuts/bolts...

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Ever deal with 4wheel parts on the south shore?
I have meet/talked with the guys from MAD4x4 ( they were at the dealer) when I got my JLUR - First ocean blue here...so everyone was looking/playing with it...lol as well a couple people at the dealer recommended them for "upgrades"
I'm looking at getting Power Stop Z36 - heavy/tow breaking...seems like good breaks/reviews.

I have stopped in PJF4x4 about a year back, they seemed ok, but I didn't talk with them long enough to really get a good idea on them.
I bought a number of parts from 4wheelparts and the only thing I'll say is beware of their online price, they did advertise prices that weren't the prices they were saying when you came up at the shop, they stated website issues etc. They still gave me a rebate on the tire and wheels I bought for my lifted ranger but it wasn't the super deal I was supposed to get online. Other than that, they seemed good and talking to them over there, they are friendly and helpfull. I have tires and wheels installed and balanced on their rims that I picked dup from their shop, the balancing was good and lasted all the way until I hit that damn deer that threw my weights...;). I never had anything other than that done there cause I do all my own work normally, just waiting for my warranty to expire for the JL.
Sponsored