Went to buy a JL today...

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
35s will not rub on a Rubicon without a lift. They will rub on anything else without a lift or spacers. I think you are right to take a step back, take a deep breath... and buy a billet silver Rubicon.

IMG_20190618_202123_1.jpg
Sponsored

Norton300

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I wanted Blue or Mojito before I went to the dealer. The wife liked Sting Gray. Once I got there, Mojito dudnt do it for me but sorta liked Blue still. Sting Gray won me over after seeing it.
All good colors.
No doubt. Before I went, I didn't think I wanted white. Then I saw it. I really liked Silver a lot as well.

OP
OP
FriscoSteve

FriscoSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
35s will not rub on a Rubicon without a lift. They will rub on anything else without a lift or spacers. I think you are right to take a step back, take a deep breath... and buy a billet silver Rubicon.

IMG_20190618_202123_1.jpg
Yours is the other one I’ve saved the pic on. Like the plasti-dip you did on the hood and hinges!

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Thanks for the tip. Looking at their website now and even their advertised prices are less than I’ve been looking at.
They typically advertise around 11.8 - 15% off msrp, which is about 6 - 8% off invoice, and that’s without presenting your Tread Lightly membership, if applicable, and a little bit of haggling. They advertise the price they quote is what you pay.

Grapevine Jeep, which is close to my practice, always has this dealer markup bullshit of like $1900 for tinted windows, wheel locks and nitrogen in the tires. I don’t trust them. I had a bad experience with my Dodge truck about 7-8 years ago.

Meador Jeep seems like a class act. That is where I plan on placing my 2020 order, as long as I am around 7% below invoice with reasonable documentation fees. I’m not in to draining them dry, just looking for a fair deal.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I personally chose the Sport S. If Jeep had offered the Sahara in a 2 door, I would have ordered it. But for my needs, a Rubicon is overkill. All Jeeps are wonderful and fun. Get what will make YOU happy. Like I said earlier... Buy it. :piggybank: Love it. :involve: Make it yours:like:

OP
OP
FriscoSteve

FriscoSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They typically advertise around 11.8 - 15% off msrp, which is about 6 - 8% off invoice, and that’s without presenting your Tread Lightly membership, if applicable, and a little bit of haggling. They advertise the price they quote is what you pay.

Grapevine Jeep, which is close to my practice, always has this dealer markup bullshit of like $1900 for tinted windows, wheel locks and nitrogen in the tires. I don’t trust them. I had a bad experience with my Dodge truck about 7-8 years ago.

Meador Jeep seems like a class act. That is where I plan on placing my 2020 order, as long as I am around 7% below invoice with reasonable documentation fees. I’m not in to draining them dry, just looking for a fair deal.
The BS markups is what I’ve seen thus far. Looking forward to a much better and fair experience at Meador.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
If you want quick and easy, look seriously at the One Touch top. You can open and close it while driving up to 50mph.
My first was a dual top and I quickly realized that I avoided top down fun because it took longer to put it up and down and having to stow the windows properly. My daily commute takes me through areas where the weather changes and it's awesome to pull to the right lane and close the top!! I've had the top down more with this Jeep than with any other convertible I've ever had.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
[QUOTE="Krondor, post: 747335]
Why buy a Rubicon for resale value? Once you start driving it, you will not want to sell it. [/QUOTE]

When you want to buy a new rubicon :D

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
I found a dealer who actually discounts AND has no fees, seems they ship more than than they sell locally, if you decide exactly what you want and don't mind waiting about a week you can save a ton.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I know of what you speak Steve. I had the same problem picking what trim level (and of course color) I needed for the way I would drive the Jeep. I went with the Sahara, and couldn't be happier. Just make sure you buy the one you really want, not the one that looks good at the time. You certainly don't want to driving down the road second guessing your pick. Good luck, the decision isn't an easy one. I know.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I wonder if/when aftermarket seats will be an option. The JL's seats seem needlessly thick on the bottom, especially seeing as that's not really cushion or springs anyway lol. Alternatively, would adding padding to the bar help some if you do accidentally hit it?

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Well this is going to be difficult! Went in to buy a white Rubicon. Then I saw the red, then the silver, and then the sling gray. Ok...tough decision I have to make...I love them all. Then the dealer showed me one with the power top....freakin cool. Then he showed me an S with 35’s and a lift and pulled it next to the Rubicon. Quickly realized that was the look I wanted and would have to upgrade the Rubicon to similar specs if I purchased it. Off-road wise, all I would need is an S, but I like all the added options of the Rubicon.

Back to square one to do more research. This will not be a daily driver, just for fun and trails, so want to make sure I have minimal regrets in how it’s configured. But no doubt, this is a hard decision!
Dual top gives you the best bang for the buck. The back window is my issue with the Skytop. But with it not being a daily driver get the Premium Soft Top an and you should be happy.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
The power top is the most amazing new feature, I whole heatedly recommend it. We use ours several times a day. And If you don't it, you can probably sell it to someone for cost, although it will be a job on their end to install.
Sponsored