Went to buy a JL today...

FriscoSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well this is going to be difficult! Went in to buy a white Rubicon. Then I saw the red, then the silver, and then the sling gray. Ok...tough decision I have to make...I love them all. Then the dealer showed me one with the power top....freakin cool. Then he showed me an S with 35’s and a lift and pulled it next to the Rubicon. Quickly realized that was the look I wanted and would have to upgrade the Rubicon to similar specs if I purchased it. Off-road wise, all I would need is an S, but I like all the added options of the Rubicon.

Back to square one to do more research. This will not be a daily driver, just for fun and trails, so want to make sure I have minimal regrets in how it’s configured. But no doubt, this is a hard decision!
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Well this is going to be difficult! Went in to buy a white Rubicon. Then I saw the red, then the silver, and then the sling gray. Ok...tough decision I have to make...I love them all. Then the dealer showed me one with the power top....freakin cool. Then he showed me an S with 35’s and a lift and pulled it next to the Rubicon. Quickly realized that was the look I wanted and would have to upgrade the Rubicon to similar specs if I purchased it. Off-road wise, all I would need is an S, but I like all the added options of the Rubicon.

Back to square one to do more research. This will not be a daily driver, just for fun and trails, so want to make sure I have minimal regrets in how it’s configured. But no doubt, this is a hard decision!
If that's the look you are wanting, and you don't want to "build" yours, I'd say just get a Rubicon. It's a Jeep. Buy it. Love it. Make it yours :like:

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon out of the box is very more off road capable than a box stock sport with a lift and tires.

Sponsored

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
A rubicon will also be worth more down the road compared to a sport with a lift and other add-ons. From what I'm told by people that have analyzed it, anyway.
They're all good rigs though. I can respect lifted sports, they look good too. And you could still save some money up front so there's that.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away

It is difficult to choose a color and configuration when buying a Jeep. You are in for a heck of a good time with your new ride. Enjoy, keep us posted and no flats!

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

go rubicon if you want it to be ready out of the box. Lockers will be key to saving tons of money. same with the 4.10 gearing

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

Mine is not a daily driver, I went with a Sport 44 rear and building it over time. Cheap payment and got it brand new way under price which allows me to put more into the build. It’s coming along nicely and I’m doing things the right way. I went with GCM color. Very sharp. Fun little project with my oldest son. Wife and our other children LOVE IT.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
You didn’t mention the best color, Punk’n!!
IMG_7304-X3.jpg

:rock:

img_1467-jpg.jpg

Seconded.

Why buy a Rubicon for resale value? Once you start driving it, you will not want to sell it. That said, I liked the parts you get with the Rubicon. It's a fine choice, but anything you get will bring a smile. Enjoy the choices, and ponder for a bit... then go drive your new toy.

:rock:

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460

What dealership are you looking at?
Sponsored