Sponsored

Welp, I broke weak...

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
Today I put a deposit on a Sting-Gray Rubicon... hard top, infotainment, towing, remote start and all weather mats...

I've been driving my wife's JLU a lot and I've fallen for them... sold my Z06, Trans Am, and my ZL1 is currently for sale...

Was looking online and had a salesman buddy at the local jeep store check a few out that were somewhat local when the sales manager reminded him of their next incoming order which had exactly what I wanted... it's on a train and "should" be here the 16th... now we wait...
Sponsored

Lobstah_JLUR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
Congrats, I also fell so in love with the JL that I ended up buying one 3 mos earlier than I planned, literally couldn’t wait any longer

OP
OP
b1er

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recognize your profile pic from GJ... I think it's a cool color... my wife said we'd look tacky with 2 red ones (not even) so I was looking at OB and SG... This one popped up so I bit on it...

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I recognize your profile pic from GJ... I think it's a cool color... my wife said we'd look tacky with 2 red ones (not even) so I was looking at OB and SG... This one popped up so I bit on it...
Congratulations!

Join us in the STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

albatross

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 1993 YJ
I cant say I blame you. I had a Tacoma that I liked. I decided to test drive a JLUR for kicks.....next thing I know I'm talking to a sales manager......shortly after that I've traded in my Tacoma and I'm driving a new JLUR home. It was just that awesome.

Congrats.

OP
OP
b1er

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I cant say I blame you. I had a Tacoma that I liked. I decided to test drive a JLUR for kicks.....next thing I know I'm talking to a sales manager......shortly after that I've traded in my Tacoma and I'm driving a new JLUR home. It was just that awesome.

Congrats.
I've been a fast car guy for 30 years... when my corvette sat in the shop for a year without being driven, I said enough is enough and decided to get something I'll actually drive...

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! I know what you mean, I bought a Colorado ZR2 just six months ago and then traded it in for the JLU last month. lol

Looking forward to seeing pics of the sting gray when you get it.

Sponsored

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon "THE LLAMA"
Occupation
Automotive Instructional Designer
I've been a fast car guy for 30 years... when my corvette sat in the shop for a year without being driven, I said enough is enough and decided to get something I'll actually drive...
Sold my 17 M3 Competition for the 18 JL Rubicon and know I made the right choice. A few track days in the M3 were a blast but off the track I treated it like a show car, which kept me from truly enjoying it. With the Rubicon I took it on a trail day one to get a couple rock chips......just so I would know it isn't perfect and can truly use it as intended and enjoy it! Ended up with a Sting Gray as well, welcome!

OP
OP
b1er

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my 17 M3 Competition for the 18 JL Rubicon and know I made the right choice. A few track days in the M3 were a blast but off the track I treated it like a show car, which kept me from truly enjoying it. With the Rubicon I took it on a trail day one to get a couple rock chips......just so I would know it isn't perfect and can truly use it as intended and enjoy it! Ended up with a Sting Gray as well, welcome!
I did the same thing... I told myself I'd do cruises and shows with the vette and drag race the TA again... one track day in 5 years, 364 miles in the TA, 1600ish in the vette... just silly... I bought the ZL1 so the wife would have a cool car to drive but she was happier in her wrangler... she worried and fretted about driving the ZL1, "what if something happens to it"... :headbang:

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Today I put a deposit on a Sting-Gray Rubicon... hard top, infotainment, towing, remote start and all weather mats...

I've been driving my wife's JLU a lot and I've fallen for them... sold my Z06, Trans Am, and my ZL1 is currently for sale...

Was looking online and had a salesman buddy at the local jeep store check a few out that were somewhat local when the sales manager reminded him of their next incoming order which had exactly what I wanted... it's on a train and "should" be here the 16th... now we wait...
Congrats! Just wait until get it, the upgrades never stop. Guess there should be some kind of a AA group we need to join

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I did the same thing... I told myself I'd do cruises and shows with the vette and drag race the TA again... one track day in 5 years, 364 miles in the TA, 1600ish in the vette... just silly... I bought the ZL1 so the wife would have a cool car to drive but she was happier in her wrangler... she worried and fretted about driving the ZL1, "what if something happens to it"... :headbang:
Yes I have had 2 vetts, and other vehicles. But I always missed my wranglers. It’s a great sickness

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I hated waiting too. I had one on order for a few weeks and got impatient so I flew from Dallas to Houston to pick up a JLUR nearly identical to what I had ordered.
Sponsored