Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
A couple things...

1) Kevin is no newb when it comes to turbos and tuning. That's clear. He's been known in the car mod circles for many years. Jeeps are just a new thing for them. He was well on top of the issues as evidenced in that video with the rocket fuel concentrate he was carrying to solve the issue. He knew it was detonation and only way to solve it on the go was to raise the octane significantly.

2) Somewhere it was mentioned they tried numerous tuners and nobody could get it sorted over the past 2 months.

3) They ended pulling out a bunch of timing to get the jeep moving cross country.

So they put much more effort into it than most people could and would to get it sorted.

And it seems what broke the relationship was the lack of support when they were stranded on a Saturday going cross country. If I was Kev nursing this crap along and had the vendor pull that when down and stranded it would be enough to cause me to decide to move along as well.

Notice Prodigy is silent on these threads? I take that as admission of guilt.
Hey thanks, you seem to definitely understand that Iā€™m not an idiot and if I was a newb at this the engine would have lasted a week and not 3 months. We did all we could. While at jeep beach we even called and emailed prodigy since they were close by and I begged them to look over and drive my Jeep and try to resolve the issue. The response was they were too busy to do anything and they donā€™t work on customer vehicles. That was it. I was more than shocked. I have the email to prove it.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sorry to hear it when good folks have a bad experience. It has been my experience, aftermarket accessories don't always perform as expected. I had a modification that wasn't working out very well. I was in the NAPA parking lot with the hood up in Moab during '19 EJS. Thousands of Jeeps parading up and down Main st. and out of the blue a voice from behind me asks if he can help. Yep, it was Kevin & Brittney. This old fart will always remember their offering.
It was great to meet you. Glad we have people who appreciate the little things like a helping hand.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
And the answer is....whoever gives you free shit! The suspense was palpable.
Really? You actually couldnā€™t be more wrong. I could have had any forced induction system I wanted and I chose the turbo kit. Thatā€™s what we wanted not what was free. Same with any product since you obviously think you know what you are talking about. We donā€™t run whatever is free, we research what we want and thatā€™s what we use weather itā€™s free or we have to pay for it. You think this hemi swap is free? You donā€™t think we have more then 1 company who wants to work with us? You are sadly mistaken if you think we just throw free parts on our vehicle just because

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looking forward to following both the new JT, and the engine swap sagas. In regards to the long term product reviews, are you two concerned at all about getting pushback from manufacturers or potentially burning bridges with them if your feedback on the product is less than favorable?
Not at all. We always tell the companies that we will always be truthful about the products. If they pull back and donā€™t agree I think that is also something that should be mentioned but I can happily say that nobody has yet to do that and for the most part we have had great luck. If you remember back when we first added our sunrider it was leaking water in when raining and we showed that. We also told bestop and guess what they did? They found a fix and updated everyone. Thatā€™s how a company should react. Weā€™re here to better the community, not hide problems and hope people donā€™t find out.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Makes zero sense, absolutely zero. Do you watch any sports? Youā€™ll never compete at their level so why do you watch it?

What drives content is going through the process of modifications, trails and the trials/tribulations all that entails. I watch some overlanding channels although thatā€™s not my style. Why? Because I get to see what certain mods do, how they perform and the effects they have in the Jeep.

These two are driving content and showing what is possible on our platform. Donā€™t bash them or say you canā€™t relate cause you donā€™t want to mod your Jeep that way or wonā€™t go on good trails. Bout the dumbest thing Iā€™ve read in awhile
WOWZA!!! Omg thank you so much!! You sir get a feee T-shirt or hat or hoodie. Whatever you want. Please PM me so we can get you a free item. You get it 1000%

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
A couple things...

1) Kevin is no newb when it comes to turbos and tuning. That's clear. He's been known in the car mod circles for many years. Jeeps are just a new thing for them. He was well on top of the issues as evidenced in that video with the rocket fuel concentrate he was carrying to solve the issue. He knew it was detonation and only way to solve it on the go was to raise the octane significantly.

2) Somewhere it was mentioned they tried numerous tuners and nobody could get it sorted over the past 2 months.

3) They ended pulling out a bunch of timing to get the jeep moving cross country.

So they put much more effort into it than most people could and would to get it sorted.

And it seems what broke the relationship was the lack of support when they were stranded on a Saturday going cross country. If I was Kev nursing this crap along and had the vendor pull that when down and stranded it would be enough to cause me to decide to move along as well.

Notice Prodigy is silent on these threads? I take that as admission of guilt.
thank you so much!! You sir get a feee T-shirt or hat or hoodie. Whatever you want. Please PM me so we can get you a free item. You get it 1000%

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I feel sorry if anyone following your channel was dumb enough to buy that turbo too. You guys do a great job of pimping parts and you sell a lot for these manufacturers. That being said I can only think of 1 or 2 videos of you guys trying to get the proper tunes but never once did I hear you say say " don't do this turbo mod it sucks". I know Brittany said it was never very good and always a problem. Kind of curious why you didn't pass that along to your subscribers?
I hear you 100% but to be fair I was being told it was an install issue or a bad part or something so I was trying to chase that down. I didnā€™t feel it was a good idea to start with there being issues if it was my fault or a faulty part but after visiting multiple shops and tuners we were putting together a video and then the bad stuff happened. I do wish we said something sooner but we didnā€™t because of how certain the company was that it was our issue. They said nobody else was having an issue but us and then after the video I find out there are lots of people with the same issue and prodigy stating the same things to these people. So I am sorry to anyone who may have purchased because of us but we were doing our best to resolve the issue.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I NEVER bashed their channel.
Did you even read the thread before posting your dumbass comment? This is what I posted just a few posts above.

"I will definitely follow the JT build. Your channel is awesome, I was just saying it kind of moved away from my range of interest. I am sure plenty of viewers enjoy all the mods and crazy fun stuff you guys do."

Just because I don't have interest to watch crazy modded stuff doesn't mean I am bashing anyone. We all have different viewing tastes, that's all. I watch Sports for a different reason that I watch offroading videos. Just like you you said - you are interested to see how to do mods and how well they work , I am interested in what a Jeep near stock can do on trails. Is it that difficult for you comprehend that people may have different tastes.
I think we have shown how capable the stock or close to stock rig is. Weā€™ve done harder trails that maybe shouldnā€™t have attempted. We can only go so far and modding and doing harder trails is just the evolution in it

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
@Kevin8086 , just gonna add something here, separate point from the thread. I like how you include Jeep shops, garages, and vendors in your videos, educating us about Jeep shops that do good work, and even better, helping them too along your journey. I think this is unique to you, at least the other channels I watch havenā€™t done this. Itā€™s awesome that you thought to do this, good on you two.

Forget those idiots that think you get stuff for free, they donā€™t understand how the world works. The best example I heard recently, one guy was telling [Banned Site], tks for trying all these parts, so I can learn what works and what doesnā€™t, I donā€™t want to put on stuff and then replace that stuff with other stuff. I just want to learn what works and what doesnā€™t, and then I save money in the process. Seems right as rain to me. Even if you did get it for free, and it worked great, I still benefit from knowing it worked and I didnā€™t waste money on similar inferior stuff. I believe what you say about this topic. But bottom line is, it doesnā€™t matter at all. Those that think it matters, are idiots.

I used to work in tires, many moons ago, but I still learned stuff from the recent video about the Patagonia tire review video.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@Kevin8086 , just gonna add something here, separate point from the thread. I like how you include Jeep shops, garages, and vendors in your videos, educating us about Jeep shops that do good work, and even better, helping them too along your journey. I think this is unique to you, at least the other channels I watch havenā€™t done this. Itā€™s awesome that you thought to do this, good on you two.

Forget those idiots that think you get stuff for free, they donā€™t understand how the world works. The best example I heard recently, one guy was telling [Banned Site], tks for trying all these parts, so I can learn what works and what doesnā€™t, I donā€™t want to put on stuff and then replace that stuff with other stuff. I just want to learn what works and what doesnā€™t, and then I save money in the process. Seems right as rain to me. Even if you did get it for free, and it worked great, I still benefit from knowing it worked and I didnā€™t waste money on similar inferior stuff. I believe what you say about this topic. But bottom line is, it doesnā€™t matter at all. Those that think it matters, are idiots.

I used to work in tires, many moons ago, but I still learned stuff from the recent video about the Patagonia tire review video.
Thanks for understanding and yes we think itā€™s awesome to show and highlight shops all over the country. Many people donā€™t even know that there are these awesome places in their back yard. We will continue to do this as we travel.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Thanks to @Kevin8086 for making your videos.

Iā€™m in the UK, we have very few Jeeps here, around 400 Wranglers are sold a year, I havenā€™t seen another JL on the roads since I got mine 5 months ago. There are very few after market suppliers, and not much knowledge about upgrades.

Iā€™ve found Kevin and Brittanyā€˜s content to be watchable and informative, Iā€™ve learnt a lot,

Its sad that people see ulterior motives or hidden agendas in this. I donā€™t feel thatā€™s justified.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
And the answer is....whoever gives you free shit! The suspense was palpable.
Typical. From the guy who is more worried about whether he should wave at a Gladiator or not. You claimed that these two were shills once before. Here is the proof that they are trying to give honest feedback, and yet you are still salty.

Kevin and Britney, kudos to you for going with the NA Hemi. It will prove to be a more reliable powertrain I'm sure.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
WOWZA!!! Omg thank you so much!! You sir get a feee T-shirt or hat or hoodie. Whatever you want. Please PM me so we can get you a free item. You get it 1000%
Thank you @Kevin8086 . Apparently people don't understand the purpose of your channel or any channel on YouTube these days. Looking forward to seeing that 6.4 and the process of the swap.
Sponsored