Sponsored

Well....I traded my JL in 2019, but now I miss it...

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hey now, i had a 350Z mid 2000, that was a fine piece of machinery. Everything else of nissan is kinda lame.
Oh I didn’t know the Skyline GT-R was lame lol
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Nissan sells 500 GT-Rs in a year; it sells 1.5 million other POS every year. And most of them have a CVT...!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I recently put together a cheapo HF 4x8 trailer and it has already paid for itself. Great for moving around 10ft pieces of lumber, hauled a few appliances on it, etc. Pretty much eliminated my need for a truck. That said, Gladiators have caught my eye recently....
Was that the folding one? That's what I originally bought. It was awesome because I could put it in the garage with out Jeeps. Not something you can do with a typical trailer.
I used it for about a year, and decided to get a standard trailer because I used it nearly every weekend. I got tired of folding/unfolding it. Knowing myself I knew if I kept doing that I was probably going to hurt myself (it was kinda heavy). I sold the HF trailer for what I paid for it and then got a Carry-on from Lowes. The Carry-on is lighter and rattles a lot less. Only down side is that I have to keep it out back since it won't fit in the garage with the Jeeps like the folding trailer did.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Was that the folding one? That's what I originally bought. It was awesome because I could put it in the garage with out Jeeps. Not something you can do with a typical trailer.
I used it for about a year, and decided to get a standard trailer because I used it nearly every weekend. I got tired of folding/unfolding it. Knowing myself I knew if I kept doing that I was probably going to hurt myself (it was kinda heavy). I sold the HF trailer for what I paid for it and then got a Carry-on from Lowes. The Carry-on is lighter and rattles a lot less. Only down side is that I have to keep it out back since it won't fit in the garage with the Jeeps like the folding trailer did.
Yeah its the 1720lb folding one. It is nice to be able to fold it and store it in the garage. Putting a deck on it stiffened it up quite a bit and I'm slowly trusting it more at highway speed ha. I bought it knowing that I could sell it for more than I paid for it (looking at my local craigslist trailer market) if I used it enough to justify a nicer one. That said, it's already paid for itself vs HD Truck or uhaul utility trailer rentals.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Absolutely worth he money. It's unheard of to sell something you've used for a year, for the same amount you have into it, which is exactly what I did. I was very pleased with that. I put a floor on mine too, and added cross members to stiffen it up. It was a pretty solid trailer when I was done with it. If I used it less I would have kept it.
OP, if you go the Wrangler and trailer route instead of a Gladiator, the Harbor Freight trailer is a surprisingly good option. Not the most robust trailer, but perfect for hauling household stuff, lumber, mulch, etc.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So;

I had an opportunity to get out of my JL for a new Silverado. I needed a truck, or so I thought I did. That 2019 Silverado Trail Boss turned out to be a lemon. Legitimately. Fought with GM about it. I now daily a Maxima, which is a fine car but I also have a Challenger Scat Pack.

I'm thinking about getting back into a wrangler OR gladiator. I need some utility and I go mountain biking. The Challenger is nasty. It's a fun car but here in PA...its about to become useless in 90 days for 120 days.

Any one seeing deals out there? I want a Stick Rubicon or Sahara.
Just beware the manuals have a lot of problems with the clutch. The pressure plate likes getting set on fire.

I own a manual Wrangler 2020, my clutch was already replaced. I'm really looking into upgrading my clutch so that i don't have to deal with my clutch problems.

opiop

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Software Developer
Get a Gladiator and budget for a small lift + 35's right after getting it home! I think they look weird stock but with some bigger tires they're pretty cool looking. If I were to ever need more space than my 2 door has I would probably skip the 4 door Wrangler and go straight to the Gladiator

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I sold the HF trailer for what I paid for it and then got a Carry-on from Lowes. The Carry-on is lighter and rattles a lot less. Only down side is that I have to keep it out back since it won't fit in the garage with the Jeeps like the folding trailer did.
I bought the 4x8 a carry-on in 2006 and sold it in 2018 for just $150 less than I paid. Great alternative to having a pickup.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Gladiator for the win. It is so close to driving a wrangler, just longer. Better on bumps due to wheelbase length, only draw back is that even the 33” tires on the rubicon model still make them look small. I agree with above post that in stock form they look kinda weird, but a JTUR with 2.5” molar lift and 37’s looks mean.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
...... It is so close to driving a wrangler, just longer. .........
And that one thing is my only drawback to the Gladiator. I like the look, I like the size, and I like that it's basically a Wrangler. But, I don't like that it's longer than the JLU. The most appealing thing to me about the Wrangler is how maneuverable it is. Start adding length and you start loosing that. I loved my Ram, but that thing was like trying to navigate a yacht into port when I was in a parking lot, or tight spot in the woods. The Wrangler turns on a dime, making it easy to get around. Adding length for the Gladiator kills that for me. Now the J6 built on the JLU frame/wheelbase is a Gladiator I would absolutely buy.

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
I sold my JL for a X5 BMW. I also have a gladiator and just couldn’t handle having two almost identical vehicles anymore. I also wanted something nice for family trip. So now I have a bad ass gladiator and a sexy ass X5. Truly blessed

Jeep Wrangler JL Well....I traded my JL in 2019, but now I miss it... 90EA3A1A-D78D-49D8-B851-097B9F56AF6A

Jeep Wrangler JL Well....I traded my JL in 2019, but now I miss it... 74621ED0-592B-4394-9D64-E1CBF5DC1C59

Last edited:

Benny

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Ocean Blue, 2012 Dodge Challenger
In 1995 I traded in my 88' YJ for a new Dodge Avenger. That only lasted two years and one bent rim from a pot hole before I traded the Dodge for the then new 97' TJ. I have only had 2 door jeeps as my daily driver since then.
Same as Shots I purchased a 4'x 8' trailer to carry things. That was twenty years ago and it's still working fine. No extra insurance and low maintenance.
I feel for the OP and his Challenger, mine will be garaged for the winter by November.
Sponsored