Sponsored

Well....I traded my JL in 2019, but now I miss it...

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Finding a manual wrangler is proving very difficult.
If you want a manual Rubicon, you might be better off ordering. That's what we did. It seems orders are progressing pretty quickly now.
x2 on both of these. Dealers don't order manual trans packages anymore "because the take rate is too low". They might keep 1-2 on the lot, but that's about it, and they may not deal on them. Really, it's a self fulfilling prophecy- but that's another discussion for another day.

If Jeep is still doing the group buy discount program with dealers (5% off invoice or whatever it is now on factory orders) that is probably your best route to get your hands on a manual. Build one, get a few quotes from dealers, go with the best. I did all of my negotiation by email when i bought my JLUR and would not set foot into a dealer without ball park numbers in place. If you ask me? That's the way to go.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Wranglers are a lifestyle choice as much as transportation from point A to point B for most people. Theyā€™re barely practical and certainly not economical. But my Jeep makes my soul smile.

I donā€™t think a gladiator would have the same effect.
driving my Jeep literally makes me smile.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Jeep would be FOOLS not to build that J6...I might have really considered one over the JL.
And FYI, some dealers do deal on the manuals. Granted, it is rare, but I found 2 Rubicons on the lot configured the way I wanted with big rebates on both. I bought the color I liked, gave a deposit over the phone and picked it up that week. Salesman said they always order some 'base' Rubicons with manuals, as people like to customize them after purchase. This was in Raleigh, NC.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
A lot of people say they want the J6, but regular cab trucks are so hard to find now. The manufacturers have stopped making them in any of the good trims. Before buying my Jeep I was trying to find a Ram in 2 door, but they are only available in the base/work packages.
My understanding is that Jeep won't make the J6 because sales won't be high enough, but I imagine the sales would be higher on the Jeep than other trucks. Of course I think other trucks would sell more 2 door models if you could get them in the higher trims too
Not everyone has a bunch of kids, or is married, or wants to haul a round a bunch of people. Maybe those people (or weirdos like me) want a regular cab truck, because they don't need the extra seats. We still want a nice truck, not a work truck, so we end up buying a 4 door making it look like the market isn't there for 2 doors.
What a shame.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people say they want the J6, but regular cab trucks are so hard to find now. The manufacturers have stopped making them in any of the good trims. Before buying my Jeep I was trying to find a Ram in 2 door, but they are only available in the base/work packages.
My understanding is that Jeep won't make the J6 because sales won't be high enough, but I imagine the sales would be higher on the Jeep than other trucks. Of course I think other trucks would sell more 2 door models if you could get them in the higher trims too
Not everyone has a bunch of kids, or is married, or wants to haul a round a bunch of people. Maybe those people (or weirdos like me) want a regular cab truck, because they don't need the extra seats. We still want a nice truck, not a work truck, so we end up buying a 4 door making it look like the market isn't there for 2 doors.
What a shame.
2-door vehicles are going extinct. Just look at sales of JL 2-door.

Even so, I think FCA ā€”or Stellantisā€” should view Wrangler as a family of vehicles supported by three lengths of chassis:
  1. A short frame supporting 2-door Wrangler
  2. A medium-length frame supporting 4-door Wrangler and a extended-cab Gladiator with short rear overhands for trail use
  3. A long frame supporting 4-door Gladiator and a 3-row Wrangler based on the Africa concept
Hoods, fenders, doors, grilles, will remain completely interchangeable to reduce cost ā€”and ensure production of low sales variants remain, and to maintain a closely knit familiarity.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I would argue they are going extinct because they are not offered.
Case in point, the 2 door (3 door) VW Golf, GTI, R sold in other countries but not offered in the US at all. Many manufacturers offer vehicles elsewhere that we never get.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
So;

I had an opportunity to get out of my JL for a new Silverado. I needed a truck, or so I thought I did. That 2019 Silverado Trail Boss turned out to be a lemon. Legitimately. Fought with GM about it. I now daily a Maxima, which is a fine car but I also have a Challenger Scat Pack.

I'm thinking about getting back into a wrangler OR gladiator. I need some utility and I go mountain biking. The Challenger is nasty. It's a fun car but here in PA...its about to become useless in 90 days for 120 days.

Any one seeing deals out there? I want a Stick Rubicon or Sahara.
I did the exact same thing but I had a Honda Si Daily Driver and it was tweaked very nicely. But I hated it. Cheap little POS, lean or touch it and it dents. Woke up one morning and took it over to the Jeep dealer and "Good Bye" Now I am back in a JL and Love it. Did a few things and will of course do more but I feel like I am back home. Missed my Jeep...This is #7

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I would argue they are going extinct because they are not offered.....
Exactly!!!!
It's awfully hard to buy a 2 door truck, when they don't exist. The excuse of "sales are down" doesn't jive.
Of course they're down. When you go to buy one the only 2 door truck on the lot is a color you don't like, with the cheap radio, vinyl floors, and no extras. Right next to that single option is a whole row of 4 door trucks with every color option, various trims and multiple options packages. Of course you'll buy the 4 door. ā† Yes, personal experience of exactly that.

How is the volume of sales different than the Hellcat or Demon or other specialty models? I bet they would sell more 2 door trucks than those, yet they keep making different variations of stuff like that. Why? Because they make a lot more profit on the markup of the specialty vehicles.

If 2 door trucks are dying it's because they're being murdered. Give the consumer some good options of 2 door trucks and they WILL sell.
Sponsored