Sponsored

Welding rock sliders to the frame - questions

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR, 20JTR
I have the Next Venture rock sliders that need to be welded to the frame of a 23 JLUR 3.6L with Etorque. What all needs disconnected prior to welding? Typically the battery always gets disconnected but what about this Etorque battery thing? Is there a way to disconnect the Etorque battery? And connect the ground close to where the welding is being done. Do you drop the gas tank to weld on the gas tank side of Jeep?
Also, after welding of course the frame, welds, and slider mounts get painted. What should be done for the inside of the frame tubes since the welding would burn off any paint or anti-corrosion coating on the inside of the frame tubes? Don't want the frame to rust from the inside out.
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Disconnect the etorque as well which is the other terminal connected to the main battery negative terminal. I believe it's a 12mm bolt. Just secure everything afterwards so there is no accidental contact. Wrap it in a sock or towel or something. Just an extra precaution I've taken in the past.

From all the welded slider install videos I've seen, none have dropped the tank. So that shouldn't be a problem. I've never heard anyone concerned about the inner portion of the frame, but if you are just spray some Fluid Film or something in there.