Weird symbol, Flip Flops only?

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T
That is a Jeep "Easter Egg." Not all Jeeps have them, but Jeep hides little icon's around certain Jeeps.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
That is a Jeep "Easter Egg." Not all Jeeps have them, but Jeep hides little icon's around certain Jeeps.
I though I had found all my Easter Eggs and 3 months later I saw this one! So much fun!

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ask Rick Pewe

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Sure enough, after some digging, it turns out theyā€™re a nod to veteran automotive journalist and longtime Jeep enthusiast, Rick Pewe. Pewe, who has written for magazines like Petersenā€™s 4-Wheel & Off-Road and Jp, frequently heads for the trail with feet shod in a pair of open-toed sandals. Over the years, the enthusiast and expert has consulted with Jeep, providing them with insight and ā€˜lots of design inputā€™. Including the footwear seems to be a way the brand honored his passion, involvement ā€“ and unique choice of fashion when out in off-road filth.

https://www.thetransmission.com/2019/10/03/jeepgladiator-flipflops/

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Sure enough, after some digging, it turns out theyā€™re a nod to veteran automotive journalist and longtime Jeep enthusiast, Rick Pewe. Pewe, who has written for magazines like Petersenā€™s 4-Wheel & Off-Road and Jp, frequently heads for the trail with feet shod in a pair of open-toed sandals. Over the years, the enthusiast and expert has consulted with Jeep, providing them with insight and ā€˜lots of design inputā€™. Including the footwear seems to be a way the brand honored his passion, involvement ā€“ and unique choice of fashion when out in off-road filth.

https://www.thetransmission.com/2019/10/03/jeepgladiator-flipflops/
Thanks for chiming in with that. I started second guessing myself after posting, and was about to start digging. :like:

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I believe every production JL Wrangler has the flip flops in that same location. At least all the Rubicons. But Iā€™m sure it applies to the other trims as well.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I believe every production JL Wrangler has the flip flops in that same location. At least all the Rubicons. But Iā€™m sure it applies to the other trims as well.
JLU Sport, ours has them as well. One of the first things I noticed, probably a nod to Florida. :)

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
JLU Sport, ours has them as well. One of the first things I noticed, probably a nod to Florida. :)

No, I believe its a nod to some famous jeepidy journalist guy... whos name escapes me right now...

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
What? I thought it meant, "In the event of flip-flop weather, crouch upon this spot for the best odds of pulling off wipers for folding down windshield."

Like the opposite of those "No Step" warnings on ailerons.