Johns19Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Good morning JL Nation -
Question for you - Last night while on my way home from work a large message popped up on the screen of the radio stating "Removing UConnect Account". The message was displayed in a large box covering almost the entire screen, with the words above in the middle of it. I could not cancel it, or do anything other than adjust volume. The message then disappeared after about 5 mins. The radio seems fine, my phone connects via Android Auto, and the apps I have are all there.
I purchased the rig with only 1,200 miles and it was classified as "used". It was traded in at a Toyota dealership and I found it on line. Could this be the reconfiguration from the previous owner account to my account?

Any insight would be cool.

Thanks!
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I have no insight to offer. But my first thought would be why would someone trade it in with only 1200 miles? There may be a reason for that. For your sake, I sincerely hope not. :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP

Johns19Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no insight to offer. But my first thought would be why would someone trade it in with only 1200 miles? There may be a reason for that. For your sake, I sincerely hope not. :fingerscrossed:
Well that sux. I can't say I didn't think about that. With that said, why wouldn't the owner simply take it back to the Jeep dealer he got it from, which was literally across the street? From what I was told, the owner needed more cargo room and got a Tundra.
But, I don't want to get off topic... Anyone with the knowledge on this screen message please chime in.
Thanks!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Well that sux. I can't say I didn't think about that. With that said, why wouldn't the owner simply take it back to the Jeep dealer he got it from, which was literally across the street? From what I was told, the owner needed more cargo room and got a Tundra.
But, I don't want to get off topic... Anyone with the knowledge on this screen message please chime in.
Thanks!
Hey there neighbor! Welcome to the community! Over the last year of ownership, I've been approached by 2 people who traded in their new wrangler because it turned out to not fit their lifestyle and/or didn't drive like a car. If all is well with your ride, I would just chalk it up to that as being why she's yours now.

I factory ordered mine and have never gotten that pop up, but it makes sense to me that it was just purging any traces of the first owner.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Thanks!
Hmm, I wonder if it has been a year and the subscription is up (Sirius is it)? Not sure because I have the 5". I do agree with @Headbarcode , maybe it didn't fit their lifestyle. But, welcome to the family:like: Hopefully you will have many years of smiles in your Jeep. This is my third one. I've had an 04 TJ, and still own a 17 JKU and if course my 19 JL:rock:.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yeah, either the previous owner's account info was being deleted, or maybe some "trial" services (like xm that is good for 1 year) were being deactivated.
Just theories though. If everything is working as it should, I wouldn't worry about it.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there neighbor! Welcome to the community! Over the last year of ownership, I've been approached by 2 people who traded in their new wrangler because it turned out to not fit their lifestyle and/or didn't drive like a car. If all is well with your ride, I would just chalk it up to that as being why she's yours now.
Bought a new conversion van in the 90's for the spouse and she decided it wasn't her style less than 2 weeks later. Traded it and since the van was now used, a costly experience to get out of the vehicle.

OP
OP

Johns19Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, either the previous owner's account info was being deleted, or maybe some "trial" services (like xm that is good for 1 year) were being deactivated.
Just theories though. If everything is working as it should, I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking but no, everything works; Sirius radio, etc... I did reach out to Chrysler to register the rig and Uconnect/Sirius Guardian options so maybe this was the work they were doing in the background. But I only reached out to them on Tuesday. This notice on the screen happened Wednesday. Would they really move that fast??

The JL is the fourth in my ownership lineup. Love the Jeep Wrangler. I live in the Northeast, do a lot of skiing and surfing so this rig is perfect for our lifestyle.

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
Good morning JL Nation -
Question for you - Last night while on my way home from work a large message popped up on the screen of the radio stating "Removing UConnect Account". The message was displayed in a large box covering almost the entire screen, with the words above in the middle of it. I could not cancel it, or do anything other than adjust volume. The message then disappeared after about 5 mins. The radio seems fine, my phone connects via Android Auto, and the apps I have are all there.
I purchased the rig with only 1,200 miles and it was classified as "used". It was traded in at a Toyota dealership and I found it on line. Could this be the reconfiguration from the previous owner account to my account?

Any insight would be cool.

Thanks!
I had a message similar to that but it didn’t say removing Uconnect account it was asking me to renew it because my free trial has ended.I am pretty sure that it was just being canceled because of the change of ownership.
Sponsored