Sponsored

Weigh in on 2019 JLUR price

minisoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 392, Escalade, Audi SQ8, 911 Turbo S
I was heading down the path of a 2020 new order after not finding the color/options/price I was looking for. I happened to stop at one of the local dealerships today and they had a 2019 sting gray with all the options I wanted plus steel bumper group and leather seating. The dealership claims to be no haggle and is currently at 8% below invoice.

I'm guessing there are probably better deals out there on the 2019s... given some of the incentives out there, does this feel like a good, decent or bad deal on a JLUR? It's loaded with options and MSRP around $56,700.

I'd feel good about the deal for $2k less, but not sure how realistic that is.

Also - I didn't think the 2019 had the same advanced safety braking feature, but seems to be available. The window sticker shows a few features with active cruise that look like active braking. Am I reading that correctly? Any other differences from 2019 to 2020?
Sponsored

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
I'm in same boat. Can't find "exact match" on the specific JLUR I want, so going to order. I also found some matches in 2019 version. There is a $2,000 special, which would represent 4% of a $48K invoice price. I already have 1 quote for about 7% behind invoice for a 2020, so the $2,000 doesn't mean much unless it brings purchase price below 10% off invoice.

Then if you plug the "used" value of a prospective 2019 into a resale calculator, you loose way more than you're saving because of the older year and automatic depreciation (even with low miles).

So, for me personally, unless it's an exact match in every way, and a dealer was going to discount it to a "can't refuse" OTD price, I'm going with a new ordered 2020.

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Also - I didn't think the 2019 had the same advanced safety braking feature, but seems to be available. The window sticker shows a few features with active cruise that look like active braking. Am I reading that correctly? Any other differences from 2019 to 2020?
I think you're talking about Adaptive Cruise Control, which only comes with the "Advanced Safety" package (not the plain "Safety" package.

The Advanced Safety Package and the adaptive cruise that comes with it is a hands down "must have" for me. It's a game changer on highway travel. I have it on my 2016 GC. I just set cruise at 70 mph and set the distance I want to keep between me and the vehichle in front, and the Jeep automatically adjusts the speed/distance. No more pressing the + or - on the wheel like I used to in my Silverado. I drive IH35 to and from Dallas a lot, and I cannot overstate how much I love this feature. It reduces stress and fatigue by allowing you to just steer the car (with foot near brake, to be clear, just in case).

The advanced saftey is missing from almost all lot inventory, which baffles me. That's what I can't find an "exact match". The ones I do find include a bunch of other stuff I don't want to pay for. So ordering has become the clear winner for me personally.

prototyp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW i3 REX, 2019 Wrangler Sport
I would just order if you aren't in a hurry. That isn't much different than you could order a 2020 for, especially considering leaving off the leather and bumper group. I would insist on a much bigger discount for a 2019 at this point. It's not haggling if you just tell them your price, they either sell or don't.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'm in same boat. Can't find "exact match" on the specific JLUR I want, so going to order. I also found some matches in 2019 version. There is a $2,000 special, which would represent 4% of a $48K invoice price. I already have 1 quote for about 7% behind invoice for a 2020, so the $2,000 doesn't mean much unless it brings purchase price below 10% off invoice.

Then if you plug the "used" value of a prospective 2019 into a resale calculator, you loose way more than you're saving because of the older year and automatic depreciation (even with low miles).

So, for me personally, unless it's an exact match in every way, and a dealer was going to discount it to a "can't refuse" OTD price, I'm going with a new ordered 2020.
Exactly!

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
8% below invoice is a good deal. Not many places are offering more depending on your location. Are there any incentives locally to you? To bring the price down to where you would be comfortable, on top of the 8%. Have the dealer your dealing with print out what’s available.

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree 8% below invoice is good... but is it good for a 2019 when the resale value will be a little lower already based on the age? 2021's coming before long and I can't imagine they want this on their lot much longer!

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Agree 8% below invoice is good... but is it good for a 2019 when the resale value will be a little lower already based on the age? 2021's coming before long and I can't imagine they want this on their lot much longer!
FYI - Just got a quote for 7% below Invoice (including the Treadlightly 1%) on a brand new ordered 2020 JLUR. Hoping to beat that with "best and final" requests to the various competing dealers, but I'd be happy enough at 7% to take it if I can get a local dealer to do it (save on travel time/cost for pickup.

Which is to say, no reason to buy a 2019 when good deals on brand new are achievable. Plus the bonus it's never been test driven and hasn't say on a back lot for months.

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
I have adaptive cruise in my car and I love it as well for the same reasons as you. My car is able to fully stop then go again when traffic moves (does Jeep's system do that as well?) so it makes traffic jams so much less annoying to be in. And on long highway drives, combined with the lane keep feature, it really does make driving much more relaxing. But with all that said, I did not want it in my Jeep. My reasoning is that I use the Jeep for going off the road, I may lift it, I'm adding things to it, I'm likely going to bump it into things, I did not want to have to consider how the advanced safety package may interact with any of that. It's probably a dumb reason. I remember people having the same concerns about airbags. But I wonder if dealers suspect a good number of customers have the same thought process as I did.

With all that said, for a commuter or a highway runner I do not think I'll ever buy another vehicle without adaptive cruise. It really is that great.
The collision avoidance can be turned off in settings. The camera on my 2016 GC is down low and the one on the Wrangler is up high behind the rear view mirrow I think. Not sure that matters, but I assume they moved it up there for the reasons you mention.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
8% under invoice is excellent on a ordered 2020 assuming the DOC is reasonable. A 2019 is a model year old. You should get more then that to offset the extra year of depreciation. I saw a additional $2000 in FCA incentives on select leftover '19's. This is a OK deal IF you plan on keeping it for a while. I would go with a 2020 for 8% under invoice if you plan on selling in 3-4 years. My advice makes more sense on a loaded up Sahara or Rubicon then a base Sport with no options.

Sponsored

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I emailed the salesman today (I was just in there test driving and talking to him about the JLUR last night). Asked if they had any additional room... didn’t hear from him for several hours and he then called saying that they gave it to an out of state dealership this morning.

I guess they don’t like selling things. Good chance I would have bought it at their asking price!

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
So I emailed the salesman today (I was just in there test driving and talking to him about the JLUR last night). Asked if they had any additional room... didn’t hear from him for several hours and he then called saying that they gave it to an out of state dealership this morning.
I guess they don’t like selling things. Good chance I would have bought it at their asking price!
Sounds more like someone else was looking for that Jeep at another dealership, your dealer did a trade with the other dealer and you missed out on that one. But on the Plus side you can still build you dream 2020 Jeep and still get the same 8% under invoice and not have to worry abou thet depreciation of it being a 19’.
Sponsored