James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
Am looking to do a weekend camp trip at Rausch Creek, Pa. I’ve ever been and would love to try out a badge of honor trail. Would anyone like to join my girlfriend and I? You need a minimum of two vehicles to go on the trails and I don’t want to risk not being able to find one once there. Plus I’d love to meet some other fellow jeepers! Otherwise any tips from those of you who have wheeled/camped there before would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Am looking to do a weekend camp trip at Rausch Creek, Pa. I’ve ever been and would love to try out a badge of honor trail. Would anyone like to join my girlfriend and I? You need a minimum of two vehicles to go on the trails and I don’t want to risk not being able to find one once there. Plus I’d love to meet some other fellow jeepers! Otherwise any tips from those of you who have wheeled/camped there before would be greatly appreciated!
If you haven’t been there before, I recommend doing one of the Off Road Consulting guided trail rides. They give you a nice perspective of the trails (you can even mark them in your UConnect). You also don’t have to wait for a second because there are always 20 or so folks that sign up for those rides.

OP
OP
James202198

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you haven’t been there before, I recommend doing one of the Off Road Consulting guided trail rides. They give you a nice perspective of the trails (you can even mark them in your UConnect). You also don’t have to wait for a second because there are always 20 or so folks that sign up for those rides.
Do you know exactly how the camping works? And would it make any difference camping wise if we do a guided one? I saw they allow primitive camping which is what I would like to do ideally so we can finally test out our deep sleep mattress!

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
When do you plan on going?
NJJA is planing on going out there at least 4 times this year. I don’t personally stay overnight, but I believe you just tell the office when you pay that you’ll be staying over.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Man wish I was back home I would be there in a heartbeat. 13 years ago I was there every weekend.

Sponsored

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
you get the ability to camp when you buy your annual pass. You then have to reserve the campsites by calling or going to their website.
I dont go enough to warrant the cost of the annual pass (which you have to buy in addition to your daily fees), so I tend to gravitate to AOAA. You only have to pay daily fees there. Unfortunately you have to compete a little with side by sides and ATVs (which I don’t mind because I usually bring my ATV as well)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Am looking to do a weekend camp trip at Rausch Creek, Pa. I’ve ever been and would love to try out a badge of honor trail. Would anyone like to join my girlfriend and I? You need a minimum of two vehicles to go on the trails and I don’t want to risk not being able to find one once there.
James,

I'm fairly close to Rausch Creek. In no particular order:

-If or when you find a riding buddy, you'll need the ability to speak with each other. A pair of FRS two-way radios is an easy and low-cost way to obtain this capability.

-Rausch Creek allows Jeeps and 4x4 trucks only. Dirt bikes, quads and side-by-sides are prohibited...and thank Heaven for that. Having witnessed firsthand the remarkably poor trail habits and average driving manners of the UTV guys at places like Famous Reading Outdoors and AOAA, I can't agree enough with Rausch's policy on the matter. Make the effort to go there first.

-If you want camping options, to say nothing of access to a few more conveniences, there's places like Twin Grove, and others, to consider when planning an overnight visit to the area.

-Know that when the weather breaks in April, trail traffic may increase exponentially on those early weekends as everyone and their brother shake off the cobwebs. Just the way it is. :)

Enjoy your visit.

James

OP
OP
James202198

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When do you plan on going?
NJJA is planing on going out there at least 4 times this year. I don’t personally stay overnight, but I believe you just tell the office when you pay that you’ll be staying over.
whenever really! No specific time set just will be a weekend for sure!

you get the ability to camp when you buy your annual pass. You then have to reserve the campsites by calling or going to their website.
I dont go enough to warrant the cost of the annual pass (which you have to buy in addition to your daily fees), so I tend to gravitate to AOAA. You only have to pay daily fees there. Unfortunately you have to compete a little with side by sides and ATVs (which I don’t mind because I usually bring my ATV as well)
thanks for the info… I believe I saw on their website the annual charge us like 50-60 or something like that which I don’t really mind paying especially if it means I don’t have to worry about anything other than Jeeps and trucks!

James,

I'm fairly close to Rausch Creek. In no particular order:

-If or when you find a riding buddy, you'll need the ability to speak with each other. A pair of FRS two-way radios is an easy and low-cost way to obtain this capability.

-Rausch Creek allows Jeeps and 4x4 trucks only. Dirt bikes, quads and side-by-sides are prohibited...and thank Heaven for that. Having witnessed firsthand the remarkably poor trail habits and average driving manners of the UTV guys at places like Famous Reading Outdoors and AOAA, I can't agree enough with Rausch's policy on the matter. Make the effort to go there first.

-If you want camping options, to say nothing of access to a few more conveniences, there's places like Twin Grove, and others, to consider when planning an overnight visit to the area.

-Know that when the weather breaks in April, trail traffic may increase exponentially on those early weekends as everyone and their brother shake off the cobwebs. Just the way it is. :)

Enjoy your visit.

James
Thank you! As far as the “primitive camping” they allow is that as simple as let them know you’re staying the night and you can just camp out in any area of their wooded trails kind of thing? Or is there a designated area on their property for that? I was a little confused by some of the info on their website.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
As far as the “primitive camping” they allow is that as simple as let them know you’re staying the night and you can just camp out in any area of their wooded trails kind of thing? Or is there a designated area on their property for that? I was a little confused by some of the info on their website.
Sorry, can't answer that; a real bed in a real house down the road a bit meant I wasn't pitching a tent there. :)

Speaking generally, and having camped [elsewhere] in the same manner that you plan on doing, such areas are usually well marked. IOW, don't try to camp away from it, too close to the trails themselves.

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
As far as the “primitive camping” they allow is that as simple as let them know you’re staying the night and you can just camp out in any area of their wooded trails kind of thing? Or is there a designated area on their property for that? I was a little confused by some of the info on their website.
Yes, let the office know you plan to stay the night when you pay your fee. I never had a problem. Camping is permitted in a designated area. see map -> https://www.rc4x4.org/maps

Sponsored

OP
OP
James202198

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, let the office know you plan to stay the night when you pay your fee. I never had a problem. Camping is permitted in a designated area. see map -> https://www.rc4x4.org/maps
Sorry, can't answer that; a real bed in a real house down the road a bit meant I wasn't pitching a tent there. :)

Speaking generally, and having camped [elsewhere] in the same manner that you plan on doing, such areas are usually well marked. IOW, don't try to camp away from it, too close to the trails themselves.
Great! Thank you guys for your help!

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Do you know exactly how the camping works? And would it make any difference camping wise if we do a guided one? I saw they allow primitive camping which is what I would like to do ideally so we can finally test out our deep sleep mattress!
Call ahead for camping. if you don't want to do primitive, there are hotels and other campgrounds nearby.
Good advice in this thread. We'll be heading there in August (probably) from Adirondack Jeeps. It's a good part, Badge of honor trails are pretty easy if you've got enough seat time. I really love going there, even despite the 4 hour drive.

iAmMikeHill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
My buddy and I are trying to arrange a trip to Rausch this Saturday, 3/19, for the day. We’re both from the Philly area and drive JLUR’s. ust trying to wrap up some details to make it happen.

I’m pretty sure camping is in the main dirt parking lot. Just letting them know you plan to stay when you check in should be good.

Cell service on the trails is minimal. They will have paper maps available, but I like to use an iPad app with the park map and GPS for location finding.

Can let you know if we are definitely going on Saturday. We should have an answer by tomorrow.

OP
OP
James202198

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy and I are trying to arrange a trip to Rausch this Saturday, 3/19, for the day. We’re both from the Philly area and drive JLUR’s. ust trying to wrap up some details to make it happen.

I’m pretty sure camping is in the main dirt parking lot. Just letting them know you plan to stay when you check in should be good.

Cell service on the trails is minimal. They will have paper maps available, but I like to use an iPad app with the park map and GPS for location finding.

Can let you know if we are definitely going on Saturday. We should have an answer by tomorrow.
Oh yeah lmk, maybe I can make the tip with you guys, probably a little too short notice and typically work til 5 so don’t know if I’d make it.

iAmMikeHill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Oh yeah lmk, maybe I can make the tip with you guys, probably a little too short notice and typically work til 5 so don’t know if I’d make it.
Hey, we are not able to make it this weekend but i will let you know when we reschedule to see if you want to join.
Sponsored