Weathertechs or Mopar mats?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I’ve had weathertechs in almost all of my vehicles for years. However, I noticed the last set I had faded a bit. Just curious about your experience with the Mopar set.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I've had Weathertech mats in all of my cars. For the Jeep, I decided to try the Mopar set. I'm happy with them. No issues after over a year.
thank you

I do like the looks of the Mopar set.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
thank you

I do like the looks of the Mopar set.
@kapk22

Suggest you not be to quick lets say, settling on the Mopar's.. There are some real decent aftermarket offerings for the JL, out there..

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
@kapk22

Suggest you not be to quick lets say, settling on the Mopar's.. There are some real decent aftermarket offerings for the JL, out there..
ok, such as?

I found the rough country set.. they appeared not to have the ability to snap in. I am interested to see others

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@kapk22

Just encouraging you to search the forum for posts in regard to floor liners.. Sure, guys/gals have the Mopar's but reality is there are other options out there that have lots of appeal lets say.

Personal choice, but do read reviews here, shop around... I know I would not want Mopars.... overpriced and coverage is so so. Foot to floor liner feel is also not to my liking... and they more often then not, look grayish and dirty... and no tread on them to keep your feet out of the yuk you drag in...

Here is one of many, threads in regard to floor liners:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/husky-floor-liner-review.46545/

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True! My wife's red Jeep has the ones with black lettering and my Black Jeep has the ones with red lettering.
What was being seen is the JL coming from the factory is one way and the one's you get after purchase of the JL from parts, lets say, is the other way.

A ways back, guys here were trading floor liners, as one guy wanted red and the other, the other and vice versa.

Chasc62`

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Director, IT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 3W floor liners front and back with red lettering, fit is perfect, easy out, easy clean, very durable and flexible.

Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
ok, such as?

I found the rough country set.. they appeared not to have the ability to snap in. I am interested to see others
Take a look at the MAXLINER Floor Mats 2 Row Liner Set Black for 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

They snap in place (both front and rear), fit well and are very close in terms of quality to the WeatherTech. The material might be just slightly thinner than the WeatherTech, but they seem to be holding up just as well.

I bought the rear set for my 2 door JL because they were quite a bit cheaper than the WeatherTech, but I do have the WeatherTech for the front.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
This will probably be a dumb question, but does anyone know if the 2020 Weathertech mats will fit in a 2021? I didn't get the Mopar ones and I'm just being impatient. Any insight would be appreciated!

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
I've used Weathertech and Husky for all other vehicles I've had. Tried Mopar in the JL and super impressed. They are great and cost me half the price of the weatheretch ones, from my dealer parts dept.

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
@kapk22

Just encouraging you to search the forum for posts in regard to floor liners.. Sure, guys/gals have the Mopar's but reality is there are other options out there that have lots of appeal lets say.

Personal choice, but do read reviews here, shop around... I know I would not want Mopars.... overpriced and coverage is so so. Foot to floor liner feel is also not to my liking... and they more often then not, look grayish and dirty... and no tread on them to keep your feet out of the yuk you drag in...

Here is one of many, threads in regard to floor liners:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/husky-floor-liner-review.46545/
Thanks for your feedback. Love the Rubicon stickers. What do you recommend for the cargo area? I have been trying to find something and do not like that the mopar mats do not cover the entire cargo area. Thanks so much!

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
This will probably be a dumb question, but does anyone know if the 2020 Weathertech mats will fit in a 2021? I didn't get the Mopar ones and I'm just being impatient. Any insight would be appreciated!
I don't think there have been any changes to the floorboards in the 2021, so they should fit fine.
Sponsored