Sponsored

Weathertech, quadratec, Mopar, or husky for floors?

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
what’s your vote and why? The WT I had in my 05 dodge curled up on the sides. Bought them in 08.
Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Mopar have the drain plugs, so I went with those in front and back. WT for the cargo area.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Have the mopar ones. Like the drains, fit and finish were perfect. My only gripe with the mopar units is their cargo area mat, it does NOT cover the entire floor area. IMO they should have made it so it covers fm wheel well to wheel well with accesses to the cargo hooks. Have a quadratec unit under the mopar for the additional coverage and in true quadratec fashion, doesn't fit well but it covers where the mope unit doesn't.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I went with the Husky X-act Contour floorliners. I've used them on my last 3 vehicles and never had a problem with them. They're more rubberized than the WT and the basic Husky Weatherbeaters, so they don't curl. They stay in place, provide great coverage, and are easy to clean.

For the cargo liner, I used a $15 floor runner mat from Lowes.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Quadratec “digital fit” made by weathertech. Front and rear. They show up in a weathertech box but save $20 over the weathertech ones. Rip off the ugly green Quadratec logo and they look really good and fit great. And made in the USA.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Bought AEV front floor mats no problem even like the Buffalo, fit was good. It was when I had my 2012 JK. Waiting for them to come out for the JL.

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
I have the Mopar mats b/c they came with the WIllys package. If I had bought aftermarket, I'd probably choose a different brand. the Mopar mats have drain holes that are supposed to snap into the drain holes in the floors but mine will not stay snapped in and thus allow road moisture to infiltrate the floor and carpet. I ended up putting the rubber plugs back into the floor pan and buying extra plugs for the floor mats (so they don't drain moisture on top of the carpet.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Weather tech are made in the USA , i havent looked up the others but i bet some are not
Made here . Quadratech also smelled like rubber for a while in the cab. Not cool...

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
All I know is the weather tech, love them. I got the front and rear floor mats plus the cargo mat in Tan. Works great and is very durable.

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have Always used weather tech over the years and have a 5 year old pair in my wife’s MDX that are holding up well. I did however go with the Quadratec on the JL, very happy with those. They are both great products and I really changed it up just to try something different and I really liked the tread pattern on the Quadratec mats. Won’t go wrong with either choice. Quadratec is USA made too

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote towards weathertech. I have the full front, rear, and cargo set. 18 months and still look new. So does the carpeting below. They snap into the factory carpet mat anchors, so they never shift around.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
So is the newer quadretec ultimate cargo liner made by weather tech. That’s the one I just bought.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
the new Weathertech 3D mats are awesome and by far my new favorite

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
For those who have stipulated that they like the holes on the Mopars:

I’ve never hosed out my interior, but wouldn’t part of that task involve removing the carpet? It would seem that hosing off the carpet on your driveway and then hosing off your bare floors would be easier and more effective. Otherwise it would be like taking a shower while leaving your clothes on. What am I missing?
Sponsored