Sponsored

Weathertech No Drill Mud Guards Fit 4xe?

deeve

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK (no U)
Hello all,
I have a Sahara 4xe, but swapped out the side steps for some Rubicon take off rock sliders. I would like to add some mud guards to keep stones off the hinges and other shiny parts. A buddy with a JL Rubicon has the Weathertech no drill mud flaps and really likes them plus I think they look good. Weathertech's website does not list any mud flaps for the 4xe. Curious if that is because their database is not updated or if there really is a difference. I would assume that Rubicon ones (they have a cutout for the slider) would fit.

Anyone on here try some yet and can confirm one way or another?

Thanks!
DAVE
Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I don't know about the mud flaps but I'm on the waiting list for the back cargo area mat. It says its in production or something like that. Did you try typing in the 4xe to see what it says? When I selected the 4xe it popped up with the message about "coming soon" or something like that then offered a place to enter my email address to receive notification of when its available.

You can also get some from the MOPAR site that say Jeep on the rear ones, but you have to drill...not a big deal at all though. I'm a girl (haha) and I installed them on my 2018 Sahara. You only have to drill through the plastic. Very easy.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I have the Weathertech mud flaps on my JLU Willys which of course comes with the same rock rails as the Rubicon. They attach to the fenders and are TIGHT against the rock rails but the part number I ordered fits a few other models as well.

Does the 4Xe have the same size fenders as the traditional Sport/Sahara?

OP
OP

deeve

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Weathertech mud flaps on my JLU Willys which of course comes with the same rock rails as the Rubicon. They attach to the fenders and are TIGHT against the rock rails but the part number I ordered fits a few other models as well.

I thanks all for the reply's. I do not know if the fenders are different or not. I will try to call weather tech today and if it's adofferent fender or the database hasn't been updated yet. I don't mind drilling, especially if it is just the plastic. I think the MOPAR ones for all models of the JL.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
IF the fenders on the 4Xe Sahara aren’t any different than any other Sahara/Sport model, then you should be able to select something like a JLU Willys trim and be good. Hopefully Weathertech will be able to give you a definitive answer. Best of luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP

deeve

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called Weathertech and was told they are different. However, the CSR I spoke to did not look anything up other than check their own website so take that for what it is worth.

The Sahara 4xe seem to have the High Altitude fenders on them. The difference I can see looks to be a smaller plastic side trim piece. The Weathertechs fit with the trim for a given trim level, so Rocksliders on a Sahara may not be a simple bolt on as it would if I had left the steps on. But, if I left the steps I doubt I would need mud guards to protect the paint since the steps effecting block crap from flying up.

I think that is right....

OP
OP

deeve

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@robynE do you have some pics of the MOPAR ones on your ride?

Thanks!
DAVE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Sorry, I don't have pics because they were on my 2018 Sahara that I sold when I got the 4xe. I haven't gotten around to putting new ones on the 4xe, but I definitely plan too because the tread on my tires throws rocks. I loved them except on the passenger side rear flap it mounted at a slight tilt. The left side was fine. It wasn't an install error either it was flush with the mounting area. I'm thinking maybe that issue has been resolved by now though! ....but maybe not. Here is the stock photo and link https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/r...MIg7PJje_l8QIVA5SzCh1JNwTTEAQYAiABEgIxzvD_BwE

You will also need the rivot removal tool and I bought extra rivets too.

BUT! I'm not sure these even fit the 4xe. I will check!

Jeep Wrangler JL Weathertech No Drill Mud Guards Fit 4xe? 1626379351727

MelissaJean

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe

Larger fenders than even a standard rubicon. The only mud flaps that will fit are rocbloks.

jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
So is thre a definitive answer to which Mudflaps will fit the stock 4xe Sahara? Any pics would be appreciated as well!

Sponsored

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
I know this is old, but I can definitely tell you that the Weathertech No Drill mud flaps DO NOT fit the 4xe. I just got some and tried, and they are not the same. Unfortunately, I discovered that after removing/demolishing the outer trim rivets....

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE

okjeeprox

First Name
Roxie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU 70th
I just put them on my 4xe Rubi this weekend!
Jeep Wrangler JL Weathertech No Drill Mud Guards Fit 4xe? 20221015_123020
Sponsored