Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I hope I don’t have issues with mine here in South Texas, already pretty warm here.
Sponsored

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
Just noticed this happening on the hardtop rear glass weatherstrip at the bottom corners today. All gooey and sticky/stringy. Nice. Just wondering what else can go bad on this thing.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Just noticed this happening on the hardtop rear glass weatherstrip at the bottom corners today. All gooey and sticky/stringy. Nice. Just wondering what else can go bad on this thing.
That's licorice they used .

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
The gooey black adhesive cleaned up off the weatherstripping with paper towels and lighter fluid. Shoved the excess back under the weatherstrip ends with my finger and cleaned up the back glass where it made contact. Good to go. I'll just keep cleaning it up until it stops oozing out.

robcbar1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have the same issue with my JLUS that I've only had for a month. It's definitely not the adhesive as stated above. The weather stripping is melting because the bottom of the glass gets nuclear hot in the sun. The other day it looked like black pizza cheese when I opened the rear window. The goop was molten hot and got all over my clothes and the side of the vehicle. This is the third build quality/design issue I've had and I'm beyond disappointed. Has anyone had it fixed without happening again? I just want to enjoy my JL!

IMG_0978.JPG

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue with my JLUS that I've only had for a month. It's definitely not the adhesive as stated above. The weather stripping is melting because the bottom of the glass gets nuclear hot in the sun. The other day it looked like black pizza cheese when I opened the rear window. The goop was molten hot and got all over my clothes and the side of the vehicle. This is the third build quality/design issue I've had and I'm beyond disappointed. Has anyone had it fixed without happening again? I just want to enjoy my JL!

IMG_0978.JPG
It's NOT melting. Clean it up. It's excess. Move on with life and enjoy the Jeep.

Everyone else that has had this, did.

robcbar1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
After further investigation, you’re right. I was certain it was melted weather strip because it happened on a 95 degree day. What type of solvent did you use to clean it up? Thanks brother.

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
After further investigation, you’re right. I was certain it was melted weather strip because it happened on a 95 degree day. What type of solvent did you use to clean it up? Thanks brother.
I had this happen on the driver’s side A pillar a couple of times. I just use rubbing alcohol and paper towels. Comes right off.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Yes I have the same issue, The dealer has ordered replacement in the mean time I put a small piece of black electrical tape over it and its doesn't look like a spider web. The glue doesn't stick to the tape. again just in the 2 corners.

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Simple rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. Just rub gently all the excess off the weather strip and the window where it sets. Let dry. Enjoy.

ghorman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Did the Jeep Care lady every come back to this? I just got my Jeep at the end of July (JLUR) and I have the issue.

Hbodo08

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
This is happening to mine in the rear window . Was parked with the rear facing the sun last night. (1st time out of the garage) and woke up this morning to that happening. Wonder if the glass gets to hot a causes
This?

Did anyone get a fix yet for it?

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
This happened to me today when I opened my front passenger door. I'm on vacation so the jeep was sitting in the driveway for about a week. The adhesive blew in the breeze like a cobweb and stuck all on the freedom top. I guess I will use something on it later and try get it off.
Sponsored