Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
True dual battery system

Paint done correctly

Headlights with both halogen and LED or heated to eliminate icing

On board air and plumbing

Under seat locking storage

GMRS or CB radio options

Hood type options ( regular hood, functional scoops, etc...)

Decal and badge delete option

Knobs instead of buttons for temperature control

Power window switches that don't require you to hook a finger in it to raise windows. Just require a push up or down

Dark mode starting (no interior or exterior lights)

JL or JLU rear window design that eliminates rain waterfall into the rear cargo area and my head when the window is open

Correct the hardtop gutter design that causes a rain waterfall on my legs

Offer a modern version of the original doorless body, but with roll bars of course

RoccoV

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Quick history. I have owned Jeep vehicles since the late 80's. First one was a 89 Comanche, then a few Cherokees and Grands then Wranglers since, (TJ, 3 JKUs and now JLU) So here you go
My main complaint is the Soft Tops. It is cooler and better than the JLU but I know you all can do better. I haven't had a Sky One Top yet maybe my next one. I have had a vinyl and a premium on my JKU and only the premium on my JLU. Upgrade for sure but still needs work. Still noisy and I mean the top not the road noise. Lean the back seats back so we don't have to buy a kit to do it. Give more room and more comfort for passengers.
Get rid of the mini battery. I know you want us to use the auto shut off to save gas and get better mileage but ... We don't!
Loved the 4.0, falling in Love with the 3.6 and love that you give so many options for motors now.
Oh and bring back the Forest Green you had on the TJs. That Green and the Tan top and interior, wow.
Thanks for all the fun I/we have had in all the Jeeps. I'm hearing a song in there somewhere.
"To all the beautiful Jeeps I've Owned"...
You old bastards know the song, come on....

Last edited:

Sponsored

flightace47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeeps yet
Keep the manual transmission around, but we need better clutch feel. Too easy to stall when starting uphill because you can’t modulate it well. A return to engines with more low range torque would be nice too.

Full size dual batteries with a controller.
Beefier track bars and reinforced frame mounts for improved steering feel.
Longer front LCAs to fix the default caster for Rubicon trims.
Door seal cement that doesn’t melt in the summer.

More reliable uConnect. I’m tired of having to restart the whole Jeep just to get my phone and my reverse camera to work again! (Please ship this update for our older JLs too.)

Bring back the steel bumper without the winch. I want to pick my own winch! Also, upgrade the springs so they can handle the weight if we order steel bumpers.

Let us change tire diameter and other common items from the instrument cluster ourselves.

Let us disconnect the sway bar in 2hi at low speed if we want to. I’d happily check a box buried in a settings menu with a legal warning one time to enable that.

(Basically, I don’t want to have to install a Tazer for the simple changes.)

As for “new” stuff:
I’d go for provisions under the seats to power a compressor. If you offer a preinstalled ARB dual with a switch and coupler on the driver’s side, I’d go for that too. I guess under hood with a key-coded locking 4xe style door would be ok, but I worry about dust and heat.

A higher current 115v outlet and relocated beefier 12v outlet in the rear to run a fridge would be great.

A factory option for a hardtop roof rack with backbone would also be nice.

JL ME

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys ,2006 Roadking , 2008 Hayabusa
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance
Features:
  • Corrosion-free door hinges
  • Traditional single mass flywheel design in manual transmission
  • Eliminate the small auxiliary battery
Fix the existing, high profile issues. Otherwise what’s the point of new features? Not rolling the dice on another Wrangler, not at this price point.
100%!!

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Show the OG (Old Guy) 2 door some love, by making all the same engine choices & build editions & trim options available not only for the "Unlimited" 4-door but also for the "Limited" 2-door... :) Its already hard enough to find aftermarket stuff to the original Jeep-sized Jeep...

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
1. Vinyl floor covering and vinyl seat options. (Colored options outside of black due to heat with the top off)

2. Half doors as a no cost option.

3. Greater variety in options a la cart. Locking axles, gearing, etc outside of trim package.

4. On board air compressor option.

5. Factory GMRS radio option.

6. Return Camp Jeep to a stand alone family event held outdoors.

7. Make the JM smaller, lighter, and all steel. Get back to 93/94” wheelbase, narrow track width, real body tub construction with thick steel like the TJ. Make the two door a separate model from the Unlimited. Make the Unlimited an IFS soccer mom mobile, and return Jeep back to the T-shirt and blue jeans masses who made the company. Make the Jeep wave mean something again. A small, tough, durable, all steel throwback to the TJ/CJ line with no frills but serious off road performance. No hybrid, no batteries, no ESS, nothing, tack any fines from the EPA onto the msrp just like the Challengers, give us something to be proud of.
HELL YES.

Sponsored

HeeyNik

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil JLUR X 4xe
Please please get rid of the red accents on the Rubicon trim or at least provide other options or no accent color. It’s been around for far too long. As much as people don’t like 4xe‘s on here, the blue accents look a ton better on most colors if not all.

Respectfully, the red accents had a great run when it started in 2013 on the 10th Anniversary and throughout the last 10 years on the Rubicons, but it’s time to switch things up. For example, the other 2024 non Rubi models have that beautiful bronze stitching and then the light gray/whitish dash. It looks great and gives those wranglers an updated look and feel. I’d bet it even look better with leather seats!

I know it’s a long shot but In a few years when I’m ready for another Rubicon, I’d like to go back to an ICE (if it’s still available) and not have to see the same tired red accents, badging, and stitching.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Please please get rid of the red accents on the Rubicon trim or at least provide other options or no accent color. It’s been around for far too long. As much as people don’t like 4xe‘s on here, the blue accents look a ton better on most colors if not all.

Respectfully, the red accents had a great run when it started in 2013 on the 10th Anniversary and throughout the last 10 years on the Rubicons, but it’s time to switch things up. For example, the other 2024 non Rubi models have that beautiful bronze stitching and then the light gray/whitish dash. It looks great and gives those wranglers an updated look and feel. I’d bet it even look better with leather seats!

I know it’s a long shot but In a few years when I’m ready for another Rubicon, I’d like to go back to an ICE (if it’s still available) and not have to see the same tired red accents, badging, and stitching.
completely agree on this. i hated the red on my punkin so much i have changed damn near everything out. by the time im done, only the locker switch will be red. Unless i can figure out a way to change it short of painting it.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I would do a conversion like the JK8 in a heartbeat. We would need a bolt in half roll bar, rear half doors without door handles, a bulkhead, and a drop in floor liner. Something like the DV8 kit for the JK, simpler than the MOPAR JK8 kit.