Sponsored

We shouldn’t be responsible for the first two broken windshields!!!

Should Chrysler & MOPAR be held accountable for the first 2 windshield replacements?

• Total voters

KILROY_

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona "Bad Nanner" heavily modified, 2000 Ram 2500 V-10, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Vehicle Showcase
the outermost layer of the Gorilla Glass windshields is the same soda glass used on common windshields; it's the inner layer that's different.
so why should it be any different to repair a chip?
Don't know, they didn't explain why and they did offer the Gorilla Glass replacement so it wasn't to keep me from going elsewhere. I would like to see their claim confirmed or proven false though.
Sponsored

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
I'd rather just install windshield protection film vs. paying for gorilla glass which I'm not sure would really be that much better. I'll see what reports are like and consider GG for the next vehicle if it proves worthwhile.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I would be more happy if they would better care for issues they can control like bubbling paint, failed lockers, and defective steering.
To be fair concerning the steering issue, the improved steel steering box is standard on the 2021 Wranglers. Prior model year owners may have a no-cost resolution available for the previous steering box design via the related TSB.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

just get one of these fab four grumpy conversions. if the grill doesnt scare the flying rocks away the small area of visible glass will be less likely to be hit.
Jeep Wrangler JL We shouldn’t be responsible for the first two broken windshields!!! fab-fours-jeep-wrangler-jk-grumper-grille-bumper-gr-1000-1

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I voted NO because I had a YJ, JKU, JKU #2, JLU, JT, and now JT #2 and N O N E of them ever had a single broken windshield.

I've got a rock quarry 2 miles from my house with dump trucks pulling onto the road every day. I live on a gravel road that isn't even paved. There's also a county road that's gravel here locally.

In the winter it goes down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit regularly and I have the defrost blasting on the windshield.

If I've never seen a broken windshield, I don't understand why/how other people act like these are made of plastic. It's ridiculous.
Sponsored

Reactions: VNT