Sponsored

We shouldn’t be responsible for the first two broken windshields!!!

Should Chrysler & MOPAR be held accountable for the first 2 windshield replacements?

• Total voters

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Made it almost 9 months on the original windshield. Last Tuesday while getting ready for a trip I walked into the garage and noticed a 6-7" crack right in front of the driver. Then Saturday, while driving a small back road in Colorado, got tagged by a huge rock about 6" left of the crack. Guess I'm calling Safelite.

By the way, watch out for the $0 deductible glass claims! We had 5 claims for new windshields over 4 vehicles in 2.5 years and Progressive was nice enough to drop our policy completely. After 12 years as a customer with vehicles, motos, boats, and homeowners policies.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I'm sure Jeep would be happy to charge an extra $1,000 for every trim to cover the cost of replacing your windshield for "free".

Reality check: NOTHING is ever free in life. Nothing.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Cracked windshields are more a driver related issue and not so much a vehicle / vehicle design issue. Sure the Wrangler's upright front windshield is not a plus...

More often then not, had the driver brought into play some simple driving habits, the windshield strike would not have occurred.

SURE, sometimes chitt happens but again, more often then not you frucked up, driving behind a gravel truck, driving to close behind another Jeep or Semi, following anything to close on a gravel road, driving behind a trailer/truck with an excavator/backhoe on it .. etc.

And the guys/gals that don't learn how to .... and that think a Gorilla windshield is going to help you.... funny....

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
As the petition's authoress herself acknowledges in the third sentence:

Shit happens and we all know it.

I'd rather not have the Wrangler's MSRP increased by whatever figure Stellantis would choose to assign to pay for the newly warranted and periodic windscreen replacement costs of other Wrangler owners...or even myself. I don't want to be compelled to fund the misfortune of someone else. There's enough of that in this world already.

I'm not unsympathetic here. I've had several windscreen repairs and replacements performed through the years, all of which were funded in full by the Comprehensive line item in my State Farm automotive policy. This is how it is, and how it should be.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I've had several windscreen repairs and replacements performed through the years, all of which were funded in full by the Comprehensive line item in my State Farm automotive policy. This is how it is, and how it should be.
Jeep Wrangler JL We shouldn’t be responsible for the first two broken windshields!!! 1624382429831
Sponsored