Not open for further replies.

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Since the launch of XPEL ULTIMATE, the world’s first self-healing paint protection film, we’ve worked to advance the industry further. It’s taken some time, but trust us, it was all worth it. Today, we’re incredibly excited to announce the arrival of the new XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS – the next evolution of superior paint protection film.

ULTIMATE PROTECTION, UNSEEN

An unparalleled high gloss finish. Improved impact protection for enhanced durability. No doubt, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS is the most advanced paint protection on the market. Along with the same self-healing power you’ve come to love, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS provides less visible distortion than ever before. It also maintains maximum adhesion to painted surfaces thanks to our new edge seal technology.

With ULTIMATE PLUS, you’ll forget all about the orange peel woes of other films. It’s so optically clear, it’s virtually invisible to the naked eye. In some cases, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS can improve the surface quality of your original paint, offering a more consistent finish and overall shine. It’s the perfect product to keep your personal vehicle looking pristine with minimal effort on your end.

Driving any distance can take a toll on your car’s exterior. Road grime, tar, bug guts, bird droppings and even air pollution can contaminate the clear coat, causing etching, oxidation, or worse. Thanks to XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS paint protection film, your vehicle can stay safe from outside elements. The film is extremely stain & discoloration resistant, leaving you free to enjoy the drive without worrying about a wipe down at your next stop.

XPEL-ULTIMATE-PLUS-paint-protection-film-Recommended-Coverage-Options-1024x681.jpg

Unsure about the level of protection you need? For most sports cars and passenger vehicles, we recommend what you see above. It’s commonly called a “full front” package. This type of coverage typically includes the entire hood, front bumper, full fenders, headlights, fog lamps, mirror caps, and more. Rocker panels and other high impact areas like rear bumpers and fenders are also important to protect, especially with performance cars or trucks with wide tires.

To Find An XPEL Installer Nearest You, Visit Locator.XPEL.com.

Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can you Wax the film?
Yes. If your vehicle is kept outside and not washed often, then you'll want to apply a wax or ceramic coating to the top of the XPEL. Just be sure not to use any products that contain petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosene. Also avoid products with a harsh dye in them as this could cause the film to stain over an extended period of time.

- Can you wrap edges with pre-cut patterns?
Yes. Using the XPEL Design Access Program (DAP) pre-cut template software, your installer can select any kit and extend edges to wrap giving your car the most accurate and seamless installation possible.

- What does it cost?
For full frontal protection that includes: full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors you can expect $1,895 - $2,195.
For full frontal with rocker panel protection you can expect $2,395 - 2,795

- Can you use ceramic coatings on top of this film?
Yes. Just be sure to apply on TOP of the XPEL and never underneath as it could potentially interfere with adhesion over time.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out as we're always happy to help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
When will Ultimate Plus be available to installers?

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm behind on clear bra technology, my 2009 BMW has dealer/factory clear bra. I'm imagining this technology has changed a lot over those 8 years? Is it a lot thinner, for instance?

How often are you realistically expected to replace this stuff? I've always just done it when I bought a used car that had an old bra that was showing wear.

I want to get my cars redone, was going to ceramic coat them but didn't realize people did clear bra + ceramic.

Your locator link is broken, the forum added www. to it.

edit: After looking at the comparison pictures this stuff makes my BMW clear bra look like a preschooler put it on. And you have an Austin office.. hmm

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm behind on clear bra technology, my 2009 BMW has dealer/factory clear bra. I'm imagining this technology has changed a lot over those 8 years? Is it a lot thinner, for instance?

How often are you realistically expected to replace this stuff? I've always just done it when I bought a used car that had an old bra that was showing wear.

I want to get my cars redone, was going to ceramic coat them but didn't realize people did clear bra + ceramic.

Your locator link is broken, the forum added www. to it.

edit: After looking at the comparison pictures this stuff makes my BMW clear bra look like a preschooler put it on. And you have an Austin office.. hmm
Hi Swozey,

I'm happy to answer your questions.

- Is it thinner? No. The industry standard is about 8 to 8.5mil thickness. Some brands are a bit thinner but XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS is in that range. The technology has changed a tremendous amount in 8 years.

- How long does it last? Our warranty is 10 years and covers yellowing, staining, peeling, bubbling, and more. So realistically, if you wash and maintain the film then it'll last the full 10 years if not even longer.

- Clear Bra and Ceramic? Absolutely. Ceramic coatings are amazing for environmental protection but won't stop a rock chips or a decent sized scratch like a clear bra will. So we highly recommend getting the XPEL installed on the high impact areas, and then having ceramic coatings installed on top of the XPEL and on the rest of the car.

- Understood, I will edit so the link works to the locator - XPEL Dealer Locator

- We do have an Austin office. Our Austin GM, Duane, will be more than happy to show you around the facility. He's a current M2 and Wrangler owner, too. He can be reached directly at 605-415-7740.

Sponsored

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
So how much $$ approximately should it be to XPEL the parts of a JL that you'd want to do?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My fenders could use something like that. got chipped already.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
So how much $$ approximately should it be to XPEL the parts of a JL that you'd want to do?
- What does it cost?
For full frontal protection that includes: full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors you can expect $1,895 - $2,195.
For full frontal with rocker panel protection you can expect $2,395 - 2,795

Any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out as we're always happy to help.

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A typical full front end would run $1,895 to $2,195. As the JL doesn't have much of a front bumper it would be a little less than that depending on if your fender flares are painted or not. I would also recommend adding the lower rocker panel pieces and maybe even bottom sections of the doors if you do a good amount of four wheeling.

My fenders could use something like that. got chipped already.
Absolutely. Best bet is to get those chips touched up and then come see one of our certified installers to get them protected.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
A typical full front end would run $1,895 to $2,195. As the JL doesn't have much of a front bumper it would be a little less than that depending on if your fender flares are painted or not. I would also recommend adding the lower rocker panel pieces and maybe even bottom sections of the doors if you do a good amount of four wheeling.

Absolutely. Best bet is to get those chips touched up and then come see one of our certified installers to get them protected.
I assume you wouldn't need to do the bumper either if you got the steel bumpers?

Sponsored

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume you wouldn't need to do the bumper either if you got the steel bumpers?
Correct. At most I've seen people protect the small middle painted part of the bumper but that would be it.

Another common area I forgot to mention is to protect the A-Pillars and little roof front leading edge. This can get beat up from rocks flying up, or when handled to lower the windshield.

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
Haha what... $2,000? Wow! My JL Rubicon does not have the front fenders and I have steel bumpers so I can't see needing it on them, so I guess mine would be slightly less. But wow, still more than I expected.

crazyone77

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I've used the Avery Nano Fusion on my last jeep, was super nice, can you give me the difference between you and them?

Thx

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Since the launch of XPEL ULTIMATE, the world’s first self-healing paint protection film, we’ve worked to advance the industry further. It’s taken some time, but trust us, it was all worth it. Today, we’re incredibly excited to announce the arrival of the new XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS – the next evolution of superior paint protection film.
What is the glossy surface of the Plus film made of? Is it like pre-coated with a ceramic layer? How long will the gloss last?

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha what... $2,000? Wow! My JL Rubicon does not have the front fenders and I have steel bumpers so I can't see needing it on them, so I guess mine would be slightly less. But wow, still more than I expected.
That's correct, yours will be less. With a 10 year warranty, the ease of maintenance, plus stopping rock chips, this product will more than pay for itself in the long run.

I've used the Avery Nano Fusion on my last jeep, was super nice, can you give me the difference between you and them?

Thx
We aren't too familiar with Nano Fusion as it's not an Avery product anymore, nor can I speak to what they can do but I can speak to what XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS is capable of. Our film has the most technologically advanced top coat on the market. As you saw in the video above, spray paint, and even lacquer thinner won't hurt the film. This means when you go to wipe off bug guts and bird poop, they'll come off with ease. As it's also the world's first self-healing film, it will heal fine scratches and swirl marks by just sitting in the sun. On top of that, you've got to consider how the film will fit your vehicle. We've been creating patterns for over 20 years and have over 88,000 patterns and applications. This means that the film will fit your vehicle with precision without the use of too much blade time trimming on your paint.

What is the glossy surface of the Plus film made of? Is it like pre-coated with a ceramic layer? How long will the gloss last?
It's a polyurethane film with an elastomeric top coat. The gloss will last the entire lifetime of the film. If the film were to ever haze or become cloudy, we cover that parts and labor under our warranty.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.