Sponsored

We finally made it out to Sand Hollow, turns out its no joke!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Nice video, We have a goal to wheel at Sand Hollow. We went past it back at the end of January in a rental Jeep coming from Vegas headed to Zion for a day of sight seeing. Thought, man we should just do some of the easy trails, but worried that with no recovery gear, no way to air down or air up, that we would be pushing our luck.

St. George is on our short list of places to live after my wife joins me in retirement.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for the video, very nice. Winter 4x4 Jamboree 2019 was fun. Like a mini Moab E.J.S. and St. George has a lot going for it but is hot and dry in the summer :whew:

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Nice video, We have a goal to wheel at Sand Hollow. We went past it back at the end of January in a rental Jeep coming from Vegas headed to Zion for a day of sight seeing. Thought, man we should just do some of the easy trails, but worried that with no recovery gear, no way to air down or air up, that we would be pushing our luck.

St. George is on our short list of places to live after my wife joins me in retirement.
Thanks for checking it out! Yeah St George is the perfect city imho, not to small or to big, lots of outdoor stuff very close etc... Definitely hit up Sand Hollow a stock rental will be fine on a lot of the trails.

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Thanks for the video, very nice. Winter 4x4 Jamboree 2019 was fun. Like a mini Moab E.J.S. and St. George has a lot going for it but is hot and dry in the summer :whew:
Thanks for checking it out! Love St George but yeah so hot in the summer..

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

great video!. looks like a blast! cannot wait for stay home orders to be lifted so i can get back to wheeling

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
Nice job on the video, Projectoffroad. I enjoyed it.

My wife and I are impressed with the 4x4 opportunities we have nearby. And, it looks like you have just enough headroom in that Jeep to be comfortable (I'm 6'4" and can sympathize).

Thank you for the post.

Hunter

bzjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

I spent the weekend in St. George with my family to escape home. We took our stock JLUR and I escaped for a morning to go see what SH was all about. I picked up a flag for $13 at the gate, zip-tied it to my stock tire carrier and headed to the water tanks, aired down to 25 used the Dixie 4x4 map to find West Rim (4). I ran the trail solo... it was beautiful and challenging! It took about 4 hours, but could be much longer depending on the side obstacles you tackle. Afterwards, I headed to Washington (about 15 minutes away) which had the closest Discount Tire to air back up.

P&PJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Look into Mesquite, MV which is 40 miles south of St George

Radguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubi, 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Ecodiesel
Great video! St. George is awesome. We have been there in 3 jeeps now. Love it out west.
Sponsored