Sponsored

We finally made it out camping on the beach in the outer banks NC! It was awesome!!!

mwwallace72

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited
On Portsmouth, you don't. That's why it is necessary to fill up, before going over. We've never had an issue with a 3- 4 day stay, on a full tank. About the only thing you can buy on the island is ice. It's worth it! If you love natural beauty and serenity. And driving on the beach and sand covered trails. Go through the salt water marsh out to the old village. Just be prepared for mosquitos, in the summer, on that side of the island!
I kinda misread your question. There are a lot of great containers to take extra fuel, if you think you'll need to. Recovery prep is recommended, though we've never had any problems.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Been fishing all my life just about 40 years. I’m in NY so it’s montauk and the south shores of long island for me. The new JL I have purchased I love and haven’t stopped upgrading getting it ready for this spring and summer trips (overlanding). Our plan (me and the wife) is to tour the east coast from NY down to Florida and fish as much as I can. We are starting to plan but really didn’t know were to go. Well I found one of the places I’m going to! Awesome. Thank you so much for this awesome video!! See you on the beach :)

AC7B1B78-ABF1-4AAE-92D8-F6B6D9327916.jpeg

1C3FFBFC-1F53-4109-A8B7-60D61F1C79B2.jpeg
Thanks Man! Carolina beach is another one you can hit up, its next on our list. See ya out there!

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
IMG_5342.JPG
IMG_5350.JPG
IMG_5367.JPG
Awesome video!
We experienced OBX for the first time this past summer, and rented a house in Corolla on the 4x4 beach. We will be lifers from now on, it was simply amazing! Our JLUR was only a few weeks old, but we broke it in right!! Lol
Dude I'm loving your jeep! Great photos!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
how did you take gas?
We didn't. Only there for two days, it was a quick decision to head out for the weekend. Next time we will pack a bunch of extra gas. Hopefully we will have a roof rack by then to give us some extra storage capacity.