We finally damaged the jeep and nearly rolled it twice

HungryFerret

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just saw that yeah. Kind of a trip to get responded to personally by a jeep chief. Is it me or was he a lil dismissive? Well that’s predictable I spose
They probably had to make decisions to keep the Rubicon within a certain spec and price.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just saw that yeah. Kind of a trip to get responded to personally by a jeep chief. Is it me or was he a lil dismissive? Well that’s predictable I spose
Ya he was totally dismissive. Kind of sad they would take the time and effort to do this but not really provide any answers. We do appreciate the effort though and I’ll continue to love and beat my Jeep. Lol
We’re uploading a video now responding to them. I think ours is a little funnier.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Ya he was totally dismissive. Kind of sad they would take the time and effort to do this but not really provide any answers. We do appreciate the effort though and I’ll continue to love and beat my Jeep. Lol
We’re uploading a video now responding to them. I think ours is a little funnier.
I think yinz had valid points, I know any guy at that level that admits to any faults is going to be called on the carpet & maybe even lose his job but still too bad he was so defensive. Good for you two, keep it real man

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I saw that Kevin got a new badly needed set of rock sliders from one of the latest youtube vids. Hopefully they coverup them pesky cross members to keep them from catching on stuff!

I just wish TFL did a better job with asking the Wrangler lead engineer the top issues with the JL. Would be nice if Holly asked instead but she did a good job explaining her reaction to that video.

Great stuff Kevin! :rock:

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I saw that Kevin got a new badly needed set of rock sliders from one of the latest youtube vids. Hopefully they coverup them pesky cross members to keep them from catching on stuff!

I just wish TFL did a better job with asking the Wrangler lead engineer the top issues with the JL. Would be nice if Holly asked instead but she did a good job explaining her reaction to that video.

Great stuff Kevin! :rock:
Thanks guys. We just ordered a full skid system from metal cloak. It’ll be well worth the money I’m sure. They are the most cost effective option and have a lot of coverage. Can’t wait to show everyone how they perform.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Personally I think the engineer answered how he had to answer to meet the expectations of 80% of the Jeep customer base.
He did not answer the questions to the satisfaction of those of use who take off roading seriously. I agree with Kevin and Lite brite's assessment of obvious discrepancies. I'm adding a 2.5 RK X factor, 37s and hutch beadlocks, and Rock Hard full underbelly skids. However I pretty much knew that going in. I did not realize the factory steel bumpers were made from stamped tin foil. The bumpers are my main and most expensive mistake. The Tazer took care of the BS....

Kevin and Lite make killer vids, and know how to wheel.

dvwriter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk’n JLUR Rubicon, Ford Flex
Occupation
Journalist, Educator, Trainer
Kevin,

Saw the TFL video w the Jeep engineer and didn’t think it was a very open or in-depth response. Did they get back to you privately? DM me ...

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
What size of lift do you have on it? We just bought the same JL and there's not many options...
They're just running a 2.5" spacer lift. At least they are for now.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
What size of lift do you have on it? We just bought the same JL and there's not many options...
Ya just the 2.5” spacer lift. Going with the 3.5” game changer from metal cloak so we can push it all a bit more.
Sponsored