Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
You could talk about the lack of a diesel, V-8 or hybrid option. 😁 I'd much rather have a 2-door, but I needed more engine choices. I'll leave y'all alone now.
If they made the 392 available for us, I'd bet money they would outsell the 4 door counterpart.
Fingers crossed.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Im VERY happy with my JLR 2.0T but I think my ultimate JLR will never be offered.

JLR in a 4Xe package - no room for the batteries with the XR package - lawyers will never allow the higher suspension on a 2dr.

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
I have a question (maybe it needs it's own thread). Why did you buy a 2 door over a 4 door or pickup version?
I bought a 2 door because I love the classic look and because I already own a 4 door off-roader. All of my other vehicles have been sensible, practical, and utilitarian. For once I wanted to throw all of that out and just go for fun, and ostentatious for a change...and a 2 Door Hydro Blue Rubicon fit the bill nicely!

I absolutely love my 4Runner, but, this Jeep puts the biggest damn grin on my face.

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I consider my two door to be a destroyer, the 4 door to be a cruiser, and the Gladiator to be a battleship. Sometimes I pretend I'm an admiral of my fleet. Then again, sometimes I play in the tub with all the ducks my wife gets.

Nothing to see here, abandon ship.

20211015_164738.jpg

IMG_9848.jpg

20210718_175222.jpg

20210825_174920.jpg

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
I consider my two door to be a destroyer, the 4 door to be a cruiser, and the Gladiator to be a battleship. Sometimes I pretend I'm an admiral of my fleet. Then again, sometimes I play in the tub with all the ducks my wife gets.

Nothing to see here, abandon ship.
That makes my Deere my tugboat.

Sponsored

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Great responses. For me it was this. I work on cars and have driven lots of Jeeps. Everything from the 80's to new and from bone stock to highly modified. Add into that, the pickup and 4 door models.

I do not like the pickup. I think the low bed makes it a pain as to move around in tight places (hard to see the corners unless you are really tall). Then, there's no inside extra room if you want to bring extra people. At that point, might as well buy an F150 crew cab and call it a day.

The 4 door just reminds me too much of an SUV. I do not mind SUV's but if I wanted a 4 door thing to haul a family, there are many other choices that will do the same job.

The 2 door. I wanted something short to tow behind the RV. In addition to that, the 2 door reminds me of a jacked up Mini Cooper. Thus driving around the concrete jungle is a bit more fun. Then there's the turning radius. It's really easy to maneuver this thing around.

Downfall of the 2 door was when I went to buy one, there were around 2 on the lot yet the 4 door, there were about 20 and for the pickup, about 10. So, the 2 door is losing out to the majority of people. If not, then there would be more on the lot. That's fine with me as I get oddball stuff anyway. I own a VW Alltrack (which is not made any more) and a VW Eurovan (which hasn't been sold here in the US since 2003).

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Great responses. For me it was this. I work on cars and have driven lots of Jeeps. Everything from the 80's to new and from bone stock to highly modified. Add into that, the pickup and 4 door models.

I do not like the pickup. I think the low bed makes it a pain as to move around in tight places (hard to see the corners unless you are really tall). Then, there's no inside extra room if you want to bring extra people. At that point, might as well buy an F150 crew cab and call it a day.

The 4 door just reminds me too much of an SUV. I do not mind SUV's but if I wanted a 4 door thing to haul a family, there are many other choices that will do the same job.

The 2 door. I wanted something short to tow behind the RV. In addition to that, the 2 door reminds me of a jacked up Mini Cooper. Thus driving around the concrete jungle is a bit more fun. Then there's the turning radius. It's really easy to maneuver this thing around.

Downfall of the 2 door was when I went to buy one, there were around 2 on the lot yet the 4 door, there were about 20 and for the pickup, about 10. So, the 2 door is losing out to the majority of people. If not, then there would be more on the lot. That's fine with me as I get oddball stuff anyway. I own a VW Alltrack (which is not made any more) and a VW Eurovan (which hasn't been sold here in the US since 2003).
That's why I ordered the 2 door. I was lucky enough to find one with a manual to test drive before I ordered, but I would have anyway. And, that is one of the few 2 doors I've seen at the local dealer. There are far more 4 doors. But the truth is, that is what people want, so they dont stock up on 2 dr manuals. It's the same with the F150. If you want a SuperCrew with the 5.5' bed, you can get all the trims. Step out of that, and you are ordering a one-off.

XyloSesame

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tuscadero Sport S
I have a question (maybe it needs it's own thread). Why did you buy a 2 door over a 4 door or pickup version?
I'm coming from a Fiat 500 and a Vespa and wanted the most compact daily driver that was on-trail capable. I cross shopped Subaru Wilderness editions and briefly considered Bronco, but Jeep still has a shorter length and higher ground clearance and... why compromise?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Ok, How do we get rid of JLU trolls on this thread. Use the ignore function?

edit. Two troll post and welcome to my ignore list, Ha... Harmony

Since the moderators suspend 'post reply' rights on other threads where someone posts something unflattering / 'political' referencing our current administration, maybe they can do the same for repeat JLU trolls in our section:LOL:
Sponsored