Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
There was supposedly another Mojito 392 that was for sale but know all the information about it.
I’ve seen Mojito Jeeps that were swapped, but not factory 392’s that have been painted.
Sponsored

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
We have been wanting to see a Mojito! Wrangler 392 and since Jeep has never made one, we decided to make our own! This time we didn't want to do another wrap, in fact, Kim insisted on actually painting this one Mojito! Green. When we ordered this 392 back in February, we ordered it black knowing that it was going to be custom painted Mojito. We had reached out to our body shop we use for a quote based on us doing all the work to disassemble and reassemble the Jeep so all he had to do was paint it, and he gave us a quote we couldn't refuse. So now I believe we have the only Factory 392 that is painted Mojito Green! We will have it all back fully assembled with new fenders, rock rails, to go along with our Clayton Lift and 40's this week. I will post more details in the next week!

*edit with full build details:
2022 Wrangler 392 - originally Black
- Clayton OffRoad 3.5” Overland Lift
- Teraflex Nomad Split Spoke Wheels Bronze
- 40” Mickey Thompson Baja Boss Tires
- King Dual Reservoir Shocks

Here’s the video from when we did the lift, wheels, tires:

Looks great! I love mojito on the JL. Since you knew you were painting it anyways, any reason you paid up for the factory paint to be black instead of just saving the few hundred bucks and ordering a white one?

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I love mojito on the JL. Since you knew you were painting it anyways, any reason you paid up for the factory paint to be black instead of just saving the few hundred bucks and ordering a white one?
Yes, imagine how bad the engine bay, wheel wells, under the hood would look if you saw white showing through. I’ll show a lot more detail in the next video of how we lined off the engine bay because your obviously can’t paint around the engine and the black just blends in.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Well I am going to throw my 2 cents in here. And I get it, it's your jeep so whatever flips your lid I suppose, and if you had your heart set on the slim green and can do it than oh well, go for it.

But for me. You took what I think is the best color for a 392. Badass Black with the Gold trim and painted it green. Not in a million years.

As long as you like, all good.

Sponsored

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
Well I am going to throw my 2 cents in here. And I get it, it's your jeep so whatever flips your lid I suppose, and if you had your heart set on the slim green and can do it than oh well, go for it.

But for me. You took what I think is the best color for a 392. Badass Black with the Gold trim and painted it green. Not in a million years.

"Slime Green", LOL!

My Jeep-owning neighbor refers to it as "Monkey Vomit Green". I kinda like it, though --- ANYTHING is better than the endless monochromatic parade of black, white and grey.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen Mojito Jeeps that were swapped, but not factory 392’s that have been painted.
I was thinking gecko green, don’t know how I got those confused lol

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

We all have our opinions, I agree black looks great but I can’t deal with how much of a pain in the ass black paint is. The only reason I order black vehicles lately is to make it easier to change the color. Our Gladiator is also black, to make it easier to wrap. But living with the black paint is a nightmare in my opinion. We saw the Mojito paint at the Chicago auto show in 2018 and fell in love. We ordered our first JLUR in 2018 and that got us obsessed with the Jeep life.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
We all have our opinions, I agree black looks great but I can’t deal with how much of a pain in the ass black paint is. The only reason I order black vehicles lately is to make it easier to change the color. Our Gladiator is also black, to make it easier to wrap. But living with the black paint is a nightmare in my opinion. We saw the Mojito paint at the Chicago auto show in 2018 and fell in love. We ordered our first JLUR in 2018 and that got us obsessed with the Jeep life.
1000%. Agree with this statement about black vehicles and the brutality up keep to have it stay clean! ( no offense to black car owners, they look awesome clean).

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Nice job, James. Mojito! is probably Jeep’s best color in over a decade, with Hydro Blue a close second. Always gets compliments and dirt doesn’t show as badly as some other colors. Other than OD Green, Jeeps should bark! And Mojito! certainly barks loud. Would likely not have bought the MOAB if I could not have gotten this color.​
Congrats on the build!
Jeep Wrangler JL We Custom Painted our Wrangler 392 in Mojito! BFA61A6B-70A1-4D29-9598-B21E861646F3

CaliJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Rubicon Past: 2016 C300, 2018 JLU Sport S
1000%. Agree with this statement about black vehicles and the brutality up keep to have it stay clean! ( no offense to black car owners, they look awesome clean).
you guys haven’t heard of a ceramic coat? Not a spray like griots 3 in 1, and actual coat you can apply. NGNT is considered a really good one, it’s $60 or so:

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
you guys haven’t heard of a ceramic coat? Not a spray like griots 3 in 1, and actual coat you can apply. NGNT is considered a really good one, it’s $60 or so:

The ceramic coating products aren’t terribly expensive but having the paint corrected before you add a ceramic coating gets super pricey.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I got it out to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes this past weekend for its maiden voyage! I averaged 14.2 mpg on 40's driving there and 14.5 on the way home. Running 70 mph I was still seeing 8th gear and getting what I would call decent mileage. The 392 made Test Hill and the rest of the dunes a joke for climbing! The bad news, is that I still need to do some more cutting/trimming because I was rubbing on the rear wheel well a bit on certain moguls/bumps and I actually realized that on tight turns the 40's are hitting the stock front bumper skid plate. I will have more pics, and the actual unveiling video of the build up shortly! But heres a little taste of the side by side from how it came stock, to how it sits now!
Jeep Wrangler JL We Custom Painted our Wrangler 392 in Mojito! IMG_2563.JPG
Sponsored