Sponsored

We can get an electric JL but no half doors???

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Electric JL really its still a brick on wheels..... how about FCA dedicate a little resources to bringing a factory half door option back please. Funny how they used 1/2 doors in the BIG 2018 JL launch because 1/2 doors = Jeep. Yet after 2 yrs still no word if they will ever be made available.....the things FCA does............
Sponsored

The Duke

First Name
Jkyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Toyota 4Runner '07 Nissan 350Z
Electric JL really its still a brick on wheels..... how about FCA dedicate a little resources to bringing a factory half door option back please. Funny how they used 1/2 doors in the BIG 2018 JL launch because 1/2 doors = Jeep. Yet after 2 yrs still no word if they will ever be made available.....the things FCA does............
At this point it wouldn't suprise me if we see Ford put half doors on the Bronco before Jeep does the Wrangler...

Last edited:

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
As much as I want an OEM half door (especially the doughnut doors) I'm thinking I might have to settle for the JCR doors. Two years into JL production: no half doors and steering issues persists. WTF Jeep?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I’d be surprised if they actually produced them given demand. I really want them but for a four door you’re probably at $5-6k painted this time around. I’d buy them if I had a two door but that’s about it.

I think the steering issues are pretty non existent at this point. I’ve rented quite a bit of them ( all 19+) over the last six months in various locations and driven several others and not a single one had a steering issue.

I might get a set of trail doors though as well since they still look good and are light.

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
I'd kill for a half door option. Part of why I'm holding out on ordering.

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I don't see the need for half doors. To keep people from seeing your donut gut? Lol. Take those doors off. It's the reason to have a Jeep!

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see the need for half doors. To keep people from seeing your donut gut? Lol. Take those doors off. It's the reason to have a Jeep!
half doors are as Jeep as that stupid folding windshield. Bring them back give us options and not those stupid “donut” 1/2 doors regular 1/2 doors please

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I feel half doors would be too low to comfortably rest my arm on. regular doors with windows down and soft top down is perfect. However I can see how an electric jeep is more important to FCA than half doors. With having to constantly meet ever increasing stringent cafe standards making half doors for the few people that complain is not a priority.

I’m pretty sure there are aftermarket solutions that would most likely be less expensive than mopar branded ones.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Mopar half doors are as available as an electric JL right now...both concepts have been shown off, but neither are available to buy.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Not only did they mislead with the auto show donut door thing, but they even canceled regular ones altogether. Ridiculous. Bad form, Jeep.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Yes and unfortunately the aftermarket is clueless on this. I asked bestop if they had any plans they said there’s no demand. The same doors fit the two door wrangler, the four-door Wrangler the JT gladiator. No demand ? Ridiculous.
Sponsored