Sponsored

We’d like to make a 4xe seat delete. Anyone in south Denver have one we could use to prototype?

Pareto Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Clubs

Hey all, seems there’s continued interest, so we’d like to look into this more closely in the next month. Anyone here in south Denver that would offer up their vehicle for some measurements and test fittings? We would come to you, so this should be fairly easy.

Of course I’d offer a large discount to make it worth your (minimal) time.

PM me if interested. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Rental01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURXe (Bikini!)
I would love to but:
1) We would need it to be able to be removed for family to ride in the back occasionally
2) We currently are in Loveland and moving to Florida in June
3) This is our only vehicle

That said, we're gonna want this product when it's done so this is 100% in my watch list.

OP
OP
Pareto Offroad

Pareto Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Clubs

I would love to but:
1) We would need it to be able to be removed for family to ride in the back occasionally
2) We currently are in Loveland and moving to Florida in June
3) This is our only vehicle

That said, we're gonna want this product when it's done so this is 100% in my watch list.
1. how long of an uninstall and reinstall process would you be willing to put up with?
2. Lovely area, but too far to make this work. I’ve done that in the past and schedules plus drive time was painful.

Thanks!

Rental01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURXe (Bikini!)
1. how long of an uninstall and reinstall process would you be willing to put up with?
2. Lovely area, but too far to make this work. I’ve done that in the past and schedules plus drive time was painful.

Thanks!
2) Understood.
1) Really, from what I understand, the hardest thing will be the metal tabs that stick up above the battery:

Jeep Wrangler JL We’d like to make a 4xe seat delete. Anyone in south Denver have one we could use to prototype? 1714880944603-22

(From: 4xe Rear Seat Removal | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) -- Rubicon, 4xe, 392, Sahara, Sport - JLwranglerforums.com)

Others that I've seen are as follows: 4xe Rear Platform Build(s) | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) -- Rubicon, 4xe, 392, Sahara, Sport - JLwranglerforums.com where they have just drilled them out, but this makes it a permanent change. The fix for this is either to build a rig that which would cover it and be easily removed or find a way to replace them. Given the issues with safety and security in case of an accident, it makes sense to work on the rig. It could actually work as a good mount point, less the tall piece in the middle. I guess that will have to set the height of the floor since most people won't likely have the means to trim it. All in, just removing the 40 or 60 portion should only take about 30 minutes or so if it's modular enough.

OP
OP
Pareto Offroad

Pareto Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Clubs

2) Understood.
1) Really, from what I understand, the hardest thing will be the metal tabs that stick up above the battery:

Jeep Wrangler JL We’d like to make a 4xe seat delete. Anyone in south Denver have one we could use to prototype? 1714880944603-22

(From: 4xe Rear Seat Removal | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) -- Rubicon, 4xe, 392, Sahara, Sport - JLwranglerforums.com)

Others that I've seen are as follows: 4xe Rear Platform Build(s) | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) -- Rubicon, 4xe, 392, Sahara, Sport - JLwranglerforums.com where they have just drilled them out, but this makes it a permanent change. The fix for this is either to build a rig that which would cover it and be easily removed or find a way to replace them. Given the issues with safety and security in case of an accident, it makes sense to work on the rig. It could actually work as a good mount point, less the tall piece in the middle. I guess that will have to set the height of the floor since most people won't likely have the means to trim it. All in, just removing the 40 or 60 portion should only take about 30 minutes or so if it's modular enough.
Thanks for the links, I hadn't seen the second one.

A few of my loosely held thoughts (absolutely subject to change once I see one in person):
1. From a safety and liability perspective, I’m absolutely not touching those brackets. If it were just my own car, sure, throw a nutsert in it and be done. Not on something I’m selling though.
2. I feel like it’s kind of a waste lifting the platform to clear just those brackets. You do all the work to lift the platform and now the area under it is inaccessible. 3” doesn’t seem like a lot, but spread out over all that area, it’s a ton of room. Instead, why not lift it 3 more inches and put a small drawer under the rear and out the two doors. That creates a lot of extra space for storage. Hatches on top of the drawers so you can access stuff while sleeping in the back.
3. This is going to be a ton of work and I’m a little nervous about selling as many as I’d need to in order to make it worthwhile. So, I may make this with a drawer to fit all wranglers, not just the 4xe. The non4xe wranglers will just get an extra cubby and different front seat mounts. Still mostly the same design.
just musing about the options…

Sponsored

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Love what you’re doing, might be able to help, but I need my back seat… if it’s reversible and you just need measurements, happy to help. Probably won’t be a customer, even though I’d love to be, just not in that stage of life with a 7 & 10 yr old. I can donate my vehicle for fittings for the betterment of the community if our schedules work. PM me and we can chat if you want

Rental01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURXe (Bikini!)
Thanks for the links, I hadn't seen the second one.

A few of my loosely held thoughts (absolutely subject to change once I see one in person):
1. From a safety and liability perspective, I’m absolutely not touching those brackets. If it were just my own car, sure, throw a nutsert in it and be done. Not on something I’m selling though.
2. I feel like it’s kind of a waste lifting the platform to clear just those brackets. You do all the work to lift the platform and now the area under it is inaccessible. 3” doesn’t seem like a lot, but spread out over all that area, it’s a ton of room. Instead, why not lift it 3 more inches and put a small drawer under the rear and out the two doors. That creates a lot of extra space for storage. Hatches on top of the drawers so you can access stuff while sleeping in the back.
3. This is going to be a ton of work and I’m a little nervous about selling as many as I’d need to in order to make it worthwhile. So, I may make this with a drawer to fit all wranglers, not just the 4xe. The non4xe wranglers will just get an extra cubby and different front seat mounts. Still mostly the same design.
just musing about the options…
1) Agreed
2) This is what I was thinking. In my old Tesla Model Y, under the rear compartment cover there was a LOT of extra room that we used to store a 72-hour survival bag for 2 people. If it could be turned into a drawer for easy access that would help immensely. and it would add a lot of storage options on the front as well.
3) I totally understand about making it marketable. Maybe have an addon for the 4xe that raises it up to add the extra storage, whereas the normal gas Wranglers have a normal low-floor option but leave the option for gas Wranglers to use the 4xe lifted height if they want it. It doesn't have to clear it since you can leave room on the build/sleep panel for a cutout around the remaining portion that sticks up until it's at least flush. So long as the panels are mounted well to the platform frame it won't be an issue as they won't shift into them.

JLeco2022

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 3.0 V6 Eco Diesel
few people have already done this and i know there is a few kits you can buy and install.

dbp512

First Name
don quixote
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Sting Grey Rubicon 4xE
few people have already done this and i know there is a few kits you can buy and install.
Can you provide links to any kits that actually work for the hybrid? I've been keeping a casual eye out, but have yet to see any.

JLeco2022

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 3.0 V6 Eco Diesel
i wanna say its a company out of sand hallow area, i will try to find links

Sponsored

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
Could a seat-delete platform and a cargo-bay platform be two different units that work together? I don't intend on sleeping in my Jeep (especially because I also have a Vector Offroad cargo shelf) but I need the flat open space for all my stuff, and I'd like to strap down my fridge and EcoFlow battery to the platform where the seat would have been. I could also use drawers in the back, I can never get enough storage. To my mind its one cost even if its two SKUs.

OP
OP
Pareto Offroad

Pareto Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Clubs

Could a seat-delete platform and a cargo-bay platform be two different units that work together? I don't intend on sleeping in my Jeep (especially because I also have a Vector Offroad cargo shelf) but I need the flat open space for all my stuff, and I'd like to strap down my fridge and EcoFlow battery to the platform where the seat would have been. I could also use drawers in the back, I can never get enough storage. To my mind its one cost even if its two SKUs.
I love it man. That’s exactly where my thoughts have settled at for this project.

I’m not sure how I’ll end up on the website yet for sale, but I’d like to have several things here to kind of round out my offering for the JLs:

1: a 6" tall rear cargo drawer.
2: a piece that temporarily fits over the folded down seats to make a flat surface (with the drawer) you could sleep on. This is for those people that want the flat surface but don't like taking the seat out permanently.
3: a piece that serves the purpose of option 2 but with permanent removal of the rear seat.

The tricky part will be to make this all play well with the cargo shelves that I'm building that will take the area from the C to D pillar between 1-2" inboard of the roll bar to the window.

in designing these, if I limit the pull out drawer to the length from the 4xe brackets to the tailgate, this whole thing becomes pretty model agnostic.

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
Could you not also sandwich the brackets for as low a profile as you can get?

My thinking is bolt through the opening in the bracket to the other side of your product. Now you’re only putting nutserts on your product.

OP
OP
Pareto Offroad

Pareto Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Clubs

Could you not also sandwich the brackets for as low a profile as you can get?

My thinking is bolt through the opening in the bracket to the other side of your product. Now you’re only putting nutserts on your product.
We can do nearly anything reasonable. Earlier in the thread though we talked about what do you do with those 3" or so below the brackets. It's hard to find a use , so they are likely wasted. If you go just a bit higher, now you can add a drawer.

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
I just looked at how low profile your current product is. That is pretty slick! I see what you’re saying in making it a little higher for slide outs.

Didn’t realize what it took to fit the battery.
Sponsored