LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
So if you put it into e-save mode would this not have the engine fire up upon starting it? Or does the 4xe not remember it’s last mode and default to electric mode on start up?
I believe it always defaults to hybrid so when it starts up it starts with electric in hybrid mode
Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
So if you put it into e-save mode would this not have the engine fire up upon starting it? Or does the 4xe not remember it’s last mode and default to electric mode on start up?
E-save doesn't mean no battery usage. It'll still run on just electric at low speeds and combined at times. It's just that it won't actively deplete the battery like in hybrid mode. So it behaves more like a regular hybrid, using some battery and also replenishing some so that your net remains roughly the same. And yes, it defaults to hybrid mode on start, but again switching it to e-save won't necessarily have it start the engine.

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Move the shifter from D to M, the engine will immediately start, in any mode (if it's in E, it will automatically change to H and indicate "Electric mode not available")

Then you can manually shift, or, move it back to D, and it will remain started, until some X time cycles, then go back to optimized mode.

(Credit to Hybrid3.0 on another forum 😎 )

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Move the shifter from D to M, the engine will immediately start, in any mode (if it's in E, it will automatically change to H and indicate "Electric mode not available")

Then you can manually shift, or, move it back to D, and it will remain started, until some X time cycles, then go back to optimized mode.

Oh wow that's an interesting work around.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Useful tip for drag racing! Fastest 0-60 I've seen anyone post yet is 5.5.

Might be a good idea too if you plan to floor it. Keeps the engine from a high rpm startup.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

madmax1618

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sting Gray JLUR 4xe, 99 Chili Pepper Red XJ

You can also just tap the gas in hybrid mode and park and it will start the warmup cycle.

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I'm not sure what world you're living in but the 2.0l is not an audibly pleasant engine.
Agree. That’s why I ended up getting an electronic exhaust that is customizable to produce V8 and others outputs

Sponsored

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I actually cringed reading this comment, my goodness man just get a 392
Yeah that’s why I don’t post here much anymore. Too many people like you who are so condescending to a fellow Jeeper with unique mods. It’s like if we don’t build our jeep the same way everyone has been doing since the beginning of time, then it’s just insults galore. Not specifically calling you out but that tone is similar when I posted my build with the custom exhaust

Dabrakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Yeah that’s why I don’t post here much anymore. Too many people like you who are so condescending to a fellow Jeeper with unique mods. It’s like if we don’t build our jeep the same way everyone has been doing since the beginning of time, then it’s just insults galore. Not specifically calling you out but that tone is similar when I posted my build with the custom exhaust
Stay with us. You have setup your Jeep for "you" which is all that matters. I think it sounds great what you have done. Getting the best of all worlds. 4xe efficiency (used under the right conditions) 4xe power and now an upgrade to the 2.0L sound!
Sponsored