Sponsored

Wax. White residue left on wrangler sport hardtop.

Jeep 5150 2112

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl 2018
I'm looking for a good wax that does not leave white residue on my Wrangler sport hardtop. So far every wax I use still leaves a residue. Any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
turtle wax ice, great stuff use on paint, fenders, bumpers, hartop
I can't like this enough. Its all I ever use anymore, and I use it on my black denim (flat black from factory) harley. It's a liquid polymer synthetic wax, no carnuba. In fact, don't use anything with carnuba on the matte black. I also wash my vehicle, rinse the water off by trying to get it to sheet up (I know it sounds crazy, but try it), then I spray ICE all over it and dry. First wash and occasionally I'll do another application of ICE after.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Turtle Wax Ice is just plain awesome! I've been using it a few years now and it truly makes keeping your vehicle looking good way easier. I water blade the bulk of the water off, then spritz some on and wipe with a microfiber. Mother's has come out with a similar product but I have not yet completely evaluated it yet.

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I have read and tried with success, FWIW, using a chunky pencil eraser to remove the wax residue that sometimes gets on non-metal parts, in case you've used something else before switching to the recommended Turtle Wax of this thread.

For example:

A may go "nuclear" on this and try one of these too:

https://www.harborfreight.com/sanding-belt-cleaner-30766.html

: - )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OP
OP

Jeep 5150 2112

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl 2018
Thanks!!!! Can I use the ice past with the same results? Is this protective? I live in Chicago so I get the worst of all weather here. I need extrem summer heat and sun and winter salt and snow protection. I have had great success with mothers California gold wax but that is just on normal paint and it always whites up on anything else. Thank you all for the great response.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks!!!! Can I use the ice past with the same results? Is this protective? I live in Chicago so I get the worst of all weather here. I need extrem summer heat and sun and winter salt and snow protection. I have had great success with mothers California gold wax but that is just on normal paint and it always whites up on anything else. Thank you all for the great response.
@Jeep 5150 2112

Sure you can use the paste form of Turtle Wax Ice on your hard top..

Turtle Wax, says the spray gives the same protection, so with either you are doing the same deed.

What's nice about the spray form, is it easily gets to all the places in the gutters, crevices, bends and dips of the hard top that you won't be able to get to properly with an applicator pad.

By the way, I first wax the whole JL body (not hard top) with my Carnuba wax.... then after that I do the whole vehicle .... the body, hard top, Ace Sliders, rubi rails, plastic handles, hood latches, mirror housings, license plates, tail lamps, head and fog lights, antenna, washer nozzles, outside window glass / EVERYTHING, with Turtle Wax ICE spray. I even do the outer side of the 5 tires that I have just scrubbed clean and let dry first.
And no, I am not 5150..

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I wouldn't bother with ICE paste wax, I think it only exists for the mental thought of paste vs liquid. Just like detergent these days doesn't really need suds, but the companies still put suds in there because people wouldn't think it works if it didn't sud... Anyone remember the late 90s/early 00s when cell phones had faux nubby antennaes that had nothing to do with reception ;)

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

alrightly i just ordered the turtle wet wax and 303 for the jeep. will see how good this is!

Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Meguiars is one of the best out there.

Meguiar's D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax, 128. Fluid_Ounces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JPJMI2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JY13CbW3TECHJ

I've tried lots of spray waxes but always come back to this one. It just works and it's good on just about any surface.....even leather seats. And it's easy in the wallet with as much as I use at times

Good choice on the 303. It's good stuff and their fabric protectant is equally as good.

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for a good wax that does not leave white residue on my Wrangler sport hardtop. So far every wax I use still leaves a residue. Any suggestions? Thanks
chemical Guys Swift Wipe waterless car wash Also works very well without leaving any white marks, even tells you that its safe and works rubber...I actually use the chemical guys Swift Wipe in the blue looking bottle

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Reviving this thread as I’m about to put my hard top back on for the season. Has anyone tried Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax All on their unpainted hard top yet? The stuff seems to work great as a wash and or wax for the paint, just wondering about the hard top really before I give it a go.
Sponsored