Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
  • Banned
So I'm a semi-nube. I did know that you wave at other passing jeeps with either a peace sign or a full hand jester. In Mass it's a 180 from what I'm used to and it gets one in a good mindset. Now for the out of the norm experiences. In the last two days I got a full out arm muscle flex from another jeeper. I mean raising sleeve and showing a full bicep. What's up with that? Do I Flex back? I would be flattered if I were a woman but I don't go that way. Another guy in a truck pulled along side of me on the interstate and was honking his horn for me to look over. He was giving a thumb's up and was excited in his approval. I waved back but that caught me off guard. I get waves from others driving in their cars so I'm guessing their other vehicle is a jeep so I wave back. I must say the women Jeepers do have a more outgoing personality as they always smile. Have any others had experiences to share or can explain?
Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
So I'm a semi-nube. I did know that you wave at other passing jeeps with either a peace sign or a full hand jester. In Mass it's a 180 from what I'm used to and it gets one in a good mindset. Now for the out of the norm experiences. In the last two days I got a full out arm muscle flex from another jeeper. I mean raising sleeve and showing a full bicep. What's up with that? Do I Flex back? I would be flattered if I were a woman but I don't go that way. Another guy in a truck pulled along side of me on the interstate and was honking his horn for me to look over. He was giving a thumb's up and was excited in his approval. I waved back but that caught me off guard. I get waves from others driving in their cars so I'm guessing their other vehicle is a jeep so I wave back. I must say the women Jeepers do have a more outgoing personality as they always smile. Have any others had experiences to share or can explain?
Do what you want. It’s a free world. Essentially the Jeep “wave” is an acknowledgement of other owners. So if you or soemeone want to acknowledge your brothers/sisters in Jeeps by waving, fingering, peaceing, flexing, or whatever-just respond how you like. Just responding is the key. There are no rules.

rob28

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr Willys. 2021.
We've only had our JL for just over a week and today I had to do a 300km round trip. I can honestly say I've never had a vehicle that gets an many smiles or as much attention. Jeep wave response was up at 90% and random people were coming up to compliment me on the colour or just the general look of the Jeep.
I'm gonna enjoy and embrace this experience.
My preferred wave is a lift of the hand off the wheel - unless I see a JK 75th Anniversary 2 dr in Sarge Green, in which case the wife will be flagging it down trying to buy it.. :)

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my first wave yesterday. I was slow to respond, wasn't ready for it! And I've got a stick so sometimes I've only got one hand on the wheel to begin with. I'm gonna have to practice and pay more attention!

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I just got my first wave yesterday. I was slow to respond, wasn't ready for it! And I've got a stick so sometimes I've only got one hand on the wheel to begin with. I'm gonna have to practice and pay more attention!
Just keep your hand on the wheel and make a peace sign with that hand. Then you look like a Jeep waving pro. :)

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Or if you are doorless, hang the peace out the side and down at knee height for style and experience points. This is my third Jeep. The other two were hardcore crawlers that went about 400 miles a year on the road. Those always got waves from the purists. Being that I picked up a JLU rubi to drive everyday yesterday, I was refreshed to see so many waves while driving a bone stock vehicle.

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
Or if you are doorless, hang the peace out the side and down at knee height for style and experience points. This is my third Jeep. The other two were hardcore crawlers that went about 400 miles a year on the road. Those always got waves from the purists. Being that I picked up a JLU rubi to drive everyday yesterday, I was refreshed to see so many waves while driving a bone stock vehicle.
The bone stock rubi kick ass! Lovin' mine

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I always give the jeep wave. It's returned about half the time. Most drivers are looking straight ahead and pretty much ignoring everything not directly in front of them. It's nice when the wave is returned but if not, no worries.

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Not flipped off. You're just their number 1 Jeeper.

Wave to whoever you want. The reason doesn't matter. I find myself waving to Jeeps even when I'm driving my Wife's GMC Terrain. I get the strangest responses in return. Some Jeepers wave back, most only look and stare "do I know you?"

Sorry but broncos in my book will always be regarded with less enthusiasm. I do like the competition, I think that the rivalry should promote both innovation and better quality vehicles overall.

My belief is that since most small car and sedan sales fall flat with consumers these days, Ford is just resurrecting the bronco to fill that void. Hence the independent front suspension. It's a knee-jerk reaction to provide something that may (hopefully) sell.

What better niche than to wrangle in on than the Wrangler? So broncos (to me) will always be an after-the-fact regirgitation of something not quite a Jeep and not quite a car but certainly a boatload of something in-between. A 'crossunder' product line.

So what can you do for a not fully disrespectful half wave? I'm still working on it. I'm sure I'll come up with something by the time that these things do eventually show up on the roads. Even longer for seeing them off the roads.

Jay