litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Got the Hulk back. BCM was fried and now I’ve got to reprogram and remarry my Tazer.

First shop didn’t pull the armorlite as I asked so now I’ve got to take the entire thing apart, hose the floor off and re-assemble. The shop also didn’t reattach my air box, left my PDU unseated, fuses pulled, and some other minor things.

Also looks like getting me pulled out knocked me out of alignment. So will get that done too. At least a week of work left.

OP
OP
Remorseless

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '24 JTR, '19 Charger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Threads like this present a pretty compelling case for never buying a used Jeep.
I prefer to think of it as just passing a project along to some other dumbass who thinks they can handle a project

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I think any type if rubber flooring is a horrible idea in any vehicle, any moisture that gets under it will take forever to evaporate.

I once had a truck with the rubber flooring and just before I sold it I pulled the flooring up to give it a good clean. There were divots in the floor under the seat that were full of muddy water. The divots were in a portion of the floor that were about 4-6” higher than the footwells so there was no way that water was from my boots.
I owned that for 3-1/2 years and have never had it near any mud so it must have been that way from the time I bought the truck used.
At least with carpet or other breathable flooring if it does get soaked it will dry out on its own

Sponsored

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
You should roll the Jeep onto it's driver side and let the water drip out. ;)
This is the answer, roll the jeep and let drain.

you have a couple options, since it doesn't seem to be green water from a nasty pond you can pull the plug out of the sheet metal to clear the path for drainage under the floor to the outside. You could even wedge something through the opening to lift the floor to give a little air gap. The material is all synthetic and won't absorb water into the fiber itself or mildew as mentioned.

Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't getting notifications in my inbox from tags.

OP
OP
Remorseless

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '24 JTR, '19 Charger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
This is the answer, roll the jeep and let drain.

you have a couple options, since it doesn't seem to be green water from a nasty pond you can pull the plug out of the sheet metal to clear the path for drainage under the floor to the outside. You could even wedge something through the opening to lift the floor to give a little air gap. The material is all synthetic and won't absorb water into the fiber itself or mildew as mentioned.

Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't getting notifications in my inbox from tags.
No worries, I decided that laziness was my answer and it's been a hot and dry summer anyway, plus you get enough airflow under the seats where the front and rear sections meet with the doors off that I'm just rolling with it.
Sponsored