Sponsored

Water Leak Passenger's side Soft Top Hinge

WLFMOON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JK Rubicon
Just had the first rain storm since owning the JL.. Got in after work and noticed water dripping down from the passenger's side of the soft top around the hinge area. I was looking at the hinge, and it's so easy to unlatch, you can do it with just your pinky finger. Is there any adjustment to make the soft top latch down a little bit better?
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Are you sure that the INTERNAL LATCH LOOP IS ACTUALLY GRAPPLED WITH THE SOFT TOP --

Take a look !

Good luck

JIMBO

OP
OP
WLFMOON

WLFMOON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JK Rubicon
Are you sure that the INTERNAL LATCH LOOP IS ACTUALLY GRAPPLED WITH THE SOFT TOP --

Take a look !

Good luck

JIMBO
yes it is.....but I do not see any adjustments.....the dealership also seemed to not give me any instructions for the soft top too, even though I doubt it would of listed adjustments in them. My 13' JK has never leaked.......and it was outside all day during the downpour.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Check and see if the softop seals and windshield brackets are the same LEFT/RIGHT !

If I was near my jeep now, I'd check, but there must be a small adj. on the windshield part of the BKT, if not wrap the "loop" PART OF THE BKTt WITH MULTIPLE LAYERS OF ELEC. TAPE--

I had to do that with my JK-

Good luck

JIMBO
Sponsored