Sponsored

Water leak passenger side tailgate

yamag7d8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Mojito!
Hello!

I’m a first time owner of a “new to me” 2018 Wrangler JLU!

There was rain here the other day and noticed small traces of water in the jack compartment. I traced it up a little and I found some traces of water under the plastic by the passenger side tailgate area next to the jack compartment. I know Wranglers are known to get wet and water leaks and all, but I just wanted to make sure it won’t rust or mold.

My JL still has bumper to bumper warranty so is it worth taking it to the dealer?

thanks!
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I'd say yes take it to the dealer! You are still under warranty ..they will throw another rubber seal on it and hopefully that's all it takes! If you still notice water after that have them trace it and fix it, I know it is a pain to go but I would use what time you have and make them absorb the cost and try and get it right. I don't have any leaks in mine, if I did I would do the same.

OP
OP

yamag7d8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Mojito!
I'd say yes take it to the dealer! You are still under warranty ..they will throw another rubber seal on it and hopefully that's all it takes! If you still notice water after that have them trace it and fix it, I know it is a pain to go but I would use what time you have and make them absorb the cost and try and get it right. I don't have any leaks in mine, if I did I would do the same.
thanks for the reply!

I’ll take it in tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully it’s a quick and easy fix!
Sponsored