Sponsored

Water in glovebox box?

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Just wanted to see if anyone has experienced the same thing as me. Just went out to my JLUS (purchased mid-May) to get some papers out of my glove box and noticed water damage on the corner of most of the paper in there (which I know were fine and undamaged when i put them in there). In addition, I have a couple razor blades in there that had a crazy amount of rust on them in the bottom of the box, leaving rust stains in the bottom of the box. Those blades have been in the glove box of my Tacoma for 3 yrs with zero rust, so I have to believe it's happened recently. We've had a couple big rainfall events recently in S. TX, but it was dry in the bottom of the box when I looked. Been about 1.5 weeks since the last rain, so it's possible the water just evaporated out. Anyone notice anything like this yet? Due to the slope of my driveway, my Jeep sits nose up at a pretty steep angle when parked. No signs of water intrusion anywhere else, so I'm not sure what to think yet. I've pressure washed the Jeep several times with no apparent water leaks, but will now be checking my glove box to see if I can figure out where this water is coming from.
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There is a video out there that shows that there is a drain tube coming from the top of the windshield frame down into the cowling area that may direct water behind the firewall into the passenger compartment if the welds have a gap. They used some silicone to seal up the gaps. They found water in their floorboards though. The corner cowling comes off pretty easily so it should be a simple check.