Water from passenger door in carwash

danend

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi all, first Jeep here. We are getting water from the passenger side door in the car wash. We've had it happen a couple times and had the top on and off between a few times. I'll upload a video soon. Is this normal?
Sponsored

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, first Jeep here. We are getting water from the passenger side door in the car wash. We've had it happen a couple times and had the top on and off between a few times. I'll upload a video soon. Is this normal?
A few more details might help folks give you their thoughts, but softop in a car wash is a pretty good recipe for a little water getting in. Hard or soft top? 2 or 4 door and where was it leaking?

OP
OP

danend

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A few more details might help folks give you their thoughts, but softop in a car wash is a pretty good recipe for a little water getting in. Hard or soft top? 2 or 4 door and where was it leaking?
Sorry, good point on the details, I got distracted last night trying to figure out how to upload the video.

Hard Top, 4 door. Leaking right above the latch on the passenger side back seat.

sandthepilot

First Name
Sahand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JW JLU Rubicon (White)
A couple of times i took mine to the car wash i haven't noticed any leaks except for the most recent wash I had drips coming from the front seam and back seam of my freedom panels.

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Take it to the dealer

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase

Sorry, good point on the details, I got distracted last night trying to figure out how to upload the video.

Hard Top, 4 door. Leaking right above the latch on the passenger side back seat.
I know I have seen a few folks on here talk about the freedom panels leaking. Don’t think I have seen that one! Could be anything from a simple adjustment to a misformed top. Looks like a good test of the dealerships service dept and your patience.
Sponsored