First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Anyone test out the water fording in the Diesel? I have done it quite by accident. Put it in 3 foot of water. Everything is great...took the seats out and carpet to power wash the sand and clean underneath it. The first pic you can see the water line above the lower door hinge.

Jeep Wrangler JL Water Fording 1596406808458

Jeep Wrangler JL Water Fording 1596406342231

Jeep Wrangler JL Water Fording 1596406982376

Jeep Wrangler JL Water Fording 1596407468151

Here is a little video of me driving into the water and my right rear of my bumper get caught on a rock and getting pulled really hard.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I came damn near floating it on three different occasions getting down a river to one of the glaciers near here despite the 37s and 2.75” lift...water right to the hood. Alternator and breathers did fine despite having no breather extensions. Have forded 2’ plus at least 30 times now with no issues.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
It shouldnt have allowed water to get inside in the cab, at that depth. I drove through water, for a long distance, with the water about 2" below the front of the hood. Not a drop of water inside. Make. sure all your drain plugs are securely in place. I've heard others with water getting inside, driving through somewhat shallow water.

OP
OP
toolaide4fit

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
It shouldnt have allowed water to get inside in the cab, at that depth. I drove through water, for a long distance, with the water about 2" below the front of the hood. Not a drop of water inside. Make. sure all your drain plugs are securely in place. I've heard others with water getting inside, driving through somewhat shallow water.
The plugs were snapped in the matts, but not completely seeded in through the carpet. Great advise, but didn't help me one bit.

Easy to make the recommendation AFTER it happened!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
The plugs were snapped in the matts, but not completely seeded in through the carpet. Great advise, but didn't help me one bit.

Easy to make the recommendation AFTER it happened!
You made no mention of checking your plugs. I'm sure this doesn't help. :LOL:

Sponsored