Water dumps in cabin when opening door

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Is it normal for the roof gutter to dump water into the cabin when opening the door? It may just the Sky-One Touch roof.

It doesn't bother me at all, I'm already going to get wet It just seems like the gutter isn't well thought out.
Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I think the 21 models take the water channel further down. You can add a bit of sugru or some aftermarket mods to extend that channel so that it doesn't dump.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
It almost gave me a chance to use the drain holes in the floor mat today!

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
First time my wife opened the door and got soaked she was pissed. She called the salesman and reamed him a new a$$ going on and on about how could you design and sell a product with such an obvious design flaw. All I could think was better him than me being on the receiving end.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I think the 21 models take the water channel further down.
Any such improvement on my 2021 JLU made no difference. A thin and steady stream of H2O pours in if I open the door of the parked Jeep when it's raining.

Gutter extensions, as mentioned. Possibly, they work; I've not installed them on my vehicle.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
First time my wife opened the door and got soaked she was pissed. She called the salesman and reamed him a new a$$ going on and on about how could you design and sell a product with such an obvious design flaw. All I could think was better him than me being on the receiving end.
Like the salesman has anything to do with the design of the Jeep. Sounds like she has some anger management issues perhaps?

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I noticed that yesterday after pulling into my garage during a downpour. I was surprised how much water fell on me and inside my jeep when I opened the door. I guess #ItsAJeepThing.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
Like the salesman has anything to do with the design of the Jeep. Sounds like she has some anger management issues perhaps?
Ya think! :CWL: When she gets going I know enough to steer clear.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Like the salesman has anything to do with the design of the Jeep.
The Wrangler that I almost purchased was a customer order that was refused after it was prepped for delivery. The fellow who configured the vehicle didn't tell his wife that he ordered a Sport. When they arrived and she noticed the manual crank windows, she started a mini tirade for all and sundry in the showroom to witness. Expletives were included at no additional charge.

I'd have had sympathy for her situation (surely her husband should have known her vehicle preferences and mentioned something beforehand), but adults should be expected to comport themselves better in public than what my salesman described to me. As you correctly suggest, John, dealer staff have no say in how each trim level is outfitted.

But for the color of the aforementioned Wrangler -- I didn't want another black vehicle -- I might have purchased that which Salty Sarah had rejected.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I'm just amused by that squirt of water, don't care too much. I'm just ready for it now. The interior is designed to take rain or a hose so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That poor salesman!