Sponsored

water coming in when doors are open when it rains.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What to do when raining. I've noticed when it's raining, why is water pouring in when we open the doors?. The other day my wife opened the door to race to the front door of our house, water was pouring in when she opened her passenger door. I did see this somewhere on some discussion. I think it was on YouTube. Why is the rain gutter not preventing this?. Anyone have a fix for this, or is it just a design issue that can't be corrected. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice not to get all wet when we open the doors.
Here are just a few existing threads on this that has some ideas.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rain-water.21517/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-drains-into-cabin.20578/page-2#post-497731

And there are many more threads on the same topic. Click on the search icon, then the more button. Try gutter, rain, water, etc.

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 2.01.30 PM.png

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
My fix works pretty well. I leave the wife at home.
That was really funny! My wife just read it and said, it certainly is an idea but try it and there won't be anything going on at home for quite some time. She's more fun wet anyway.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue

Sponsored

Maui-M3

First Name
Maui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Wrangle SAHARA
Reading your thread title, I thought this was going to be some kind of joke topic, of course water comes in when it’s raining with the door open!. But seriously, I don’t have a JL yet but I believe it’s a design quirk of the rain gutter? I’ve read about this issue a while back on the forum but don’t remember exactly the verdict if there was a fix for it or not...
Hello, I have 2019 wrangler sahara & it's same. I found some rubber rain rails/gasket that goes in the track to Secret the rain. Actually I'm trying to find them online. If I find them I'll come back w/info.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
It's ok, enjoy the rain, let the water touch you, it will remind you that you are alive and fortunate enough to live on this delightful blue pearl we call earth.

It's a pretty awesome planet, there's lots of Jeeps here. Just sayin....

:jk: :like:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
It's the price we pay for having a highly aerodynamic vehicle with no wind noise.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
This has been an annoyance for me for a long while. After testing many different solutions over the last couple of years, some worked better than others, and with the purchase of my 20 JLUR, I believe I have created a solution that fixes this for good. It has been raining a lot here in Nashville so I am pretty confident this problem has met its end. I will be making a thread about the fix and solution to this problem whether you have a soft top or hardtop it will work. Once I make the thread I will provide a link here. Stay tuned.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I travel in a rain coat with a set of ramps

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
This has been an annoyance for me for a long while. After testing many different solutions over the last couple of years, some worked better than others, and with the purchase of my 20 JLUR, I believe I have created a solution that fixes this for good. It has been raining a lot here in Nashville so I am pretty confident this problem has met its end. I will be making a thread about the fix and solution to this problem whether you have a soft top or hardtop it will work. Once I make the thread I will provide a link here. Stay tuned.
Please do.. my next project was going to be to sew a triangle of ripstop and strap it to the roll bar and clip it to the door to open like a bat wing and act as a diverter... But it might be an overly complicated design...

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
i just put some hot melt glue in the gutter on the forward end. problem solved.
Sponsored