Sponsored

water coming in when doors are open when it rains.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I just wipe across the area above the door with my hand to remove the water puddled up there before I open it. I've had other cars with inadequate rain gutters and am used to having to do that. Then I open the door and get in without the trickle of water pouring in at the same time.
Sponsored

Maui-M3

First Name
Maui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Wrangle SAHARA
This has been an annoyance for me for a long while. After testing many different solutions over the last couple of years, some worked better than others, and with the purchase of my 20 JLUR, I believe I have created a solution that fixes this for good. It has been raining a lot here in Nashville so I am pretty confident this problem has met its end. I will be making a thread about the fix and solution to this problem whether you have a soft top or hardtop it will work. Once I make the thread I will provide a link here. Stay tuned.

Yes Please! I found RAIN GUTTER EXTENSION online & diy posted somewhere on web-I just can't find it.

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
What to do when raining. I've noticed when it's raining, why is water pouring in when we open the doors?. The other day my wife opened the door to race to the front door of our house, water was pouring in when she opened her passenger door. I did see this somewhere on some discussion. I think it was on YouTube. Why is the rain gutter not preventing this?. Anyone have a fix for this, or is it just a design issue that can't be corrected. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice not to get all wet when we open the doors.
put a drop of clear or black silicone at the very end of the gutter by the door. Then shape it like a ramp with the high point being the end of the gutter. When the water level rises inside the gutter, it will all run to the back. BOOM blowing minds lol nah formal, you can do that :)

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
put a drop of clear or black silicone at the very end of the gutter by the door. Then shape it like a ramp with the high point being the end of the gutter. When the water level rises inside the gutter, it will all run to the back. BOOM blowing minds lol nah formal, you can do that :)
Yeah I use Coax Seal to do the same thing.

Sponsored

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
just thinking when I read this "close the door"

Sponsored

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
that channel along the pillar doesn't catch the water off the hard top or soft top gutter. not sure what it is meant for, actually. did the car wash last week and water still poured along the exterior gutter to the front, then down into the jeep long after I finished washing it down.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
So apparently the re-design Didn’t accomplish anything. That’s a surprise!🤔

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Looks to me like it is at least trying to divert water coming from something up top.

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
that channel along the pillar doesn't catch the water off the hard top or soft top gutter. not sure what it is meant for, actually. did the car wash last week and water still poured along the exterior gutter to the front, then down into the jeep long after I finished washing it down.
Ya realized I already have them. They sit too far in the door jam to do anything.
Sponsored