Sponsored

Watch This Bronco Blow Out Its 4WD System Attempting to Speed Through a Mud Pit

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon
Mud sucks. I stay far away from places like the one in this video. You are asking for trouble in something as deep and sloppy as that.
Sponsored

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
It's 100% the result of a poor driver mod. Not exclusively a Bronco problem, but I have a feeling that it's going to be more of an issue for the Bronco as a bunch of newbies take to the dirt without any realistic notion of where the limits are.
Here's another guy just buying time 'til he breaks his. The jump at the end just makes me cringe...

Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Hard Side hit, could have happened to any offraoder.
The difference is, he was actually having fun with his bronco and not just a mall crawler!

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I appreciate that guys honesty and his attitude.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I don't know guys, I am new to jeeping so maybe I don't know what I am talking about. And yes there are good things to say about the guy out having fun, and all but from what I have seen thus far the IFS on the Bronco doesn't appear to beefy enough. Then the one guys clip or clamp coming off and his CV/Axle joint getting packed full of crap. On the video's I have seen so far the Bronco's IFS parts just don't look big enough and strong enough for series off roading.

I watched videos of Florida jeeps mudding doing worse then this guy, I mean these people are showing these jeeps no mercy, buried half way up the doors in mud, foot to the floor throwing rooster tails at all 4 corners and they eventually after several times of just hammering it made it out, and their jeep was not broke. Also watching video at Windrock I could not believe how some of these people were just abusing the crap out of their poor jeeps. One that sticks out is this guy hits this embankment/hole so hard his entire front end comes off the ground and then followed by the rear end doing the same, and the jeep came out the other side, not broken. And I get it, these jeeps weren't a 100% stock, but still WOW! And I know you can break anything.

But I just can't help but feel by what I have seen so far that the jeep solid axle and the suspension parts are bigger, beefyer, and stronger.

Personally I feel like Ford needs to re-look at their IFS system on the Bronco, or their going to have even more pissed off consumers when these things continually keep breaking. The IFS might be fine for running on flat ground across the desert or going to the mall, but?????

I think I will stick with Jeeps 80 years of experience and their system.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
It will just be a matter of time for all the bronco weaknesses to be exposed. After the bronco has been truly in the hands of the public and not in the hands of the selected few that Ford has selected, will we really see what the bronco is made of.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
It will just be a matter of time for all the bronco weaknesses to be exposed. After the bronco has been truly in the hands of the public and not in the hands of the selected few that Ford has selected, will we really see what the bronco is made of.
....and the aftermarket will then work to solve these issues...

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe

abnormal4x4

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
I'm not trying to jump on the beat up the other guy bandwagon, because I don't have a Jeep or any four-wheel drive vehicle at this point, but for me there is no Jeep/Bronco debate.

Maybe I have lived a sheltered life the past few years but I have never heard of a sealed unit differential. Hell it pisses me off that I can't change the battery in my cell phone. How does that make life better for anybody? It it doesn't make it easier for the customer, it's a terrible value. I can't see where it makes manufacturing any easier. About the only upside is in the warranty work, take a few bolts off put a new part on and go on your way. How do you regear?
I kind of feel sorry for the guy, he's just out trying to have some fun and he boogered up his brand new vehicle, apparently not for the first time, in that second video he looks, like he's already had to talk with his wife...yes dear, I know it's costing way too much money to own this vehicle.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Yes this guy broke his G.O.A.T mode as well.

Hope he still has H.A.M.S.T.E.R mode. He made quick work of breaking his front diff. in another video. He is never driving my vehicles.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
....and the aftermarket will then work to solve these issues...
Yea, let them jump right on that as I sit here waiting for a front bumper to be delivered that I ordered in July and the 1 ton axle that I would like to order is 16 weeks at best if I ordered it today. The electrical component that I need will not be available until April. I am sure that as soon as they figure out what the Bronco needs to be better and more durable in the hands of the public they will ramp up production. Hell most automotive manufacturers can't get what they need, but he I am sure these companies will be like Hey Ford, your going to have to wait on the 50,000 front diffs you have ordered from us as Steve in Alabama needs one. Because that is how it works.

Jeep is currently producing vehicles like crazy and working overtime. One Bud as a JLR down and needs a valve body for the transmission. The dealer said it will be 10 weeks before he can get the part from Jeep. Yestrerday he bought a $1500 beater vehicle to drive so he could get to work and back as there was no loaner vehicle available from the dealer. Another bud has a Trail Hawk that needs a new rear axle shaft.... torn boot on the CV. They have no idea when they can get it because the Jeep will not give the dealership timeline for the part. At least he has a dealer loaner vehicle.
Sponsored