Washington Trails lets hear your favorite

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
My Wrangler is coming....some time. When it does come I plan on driving it straight form the dealer to a trail and start having some fun. I did this with my 4runner and it was on my first trail I realized it should have gotten a Wrangler; that was when I was in Colorado. Back in Washington and don't have any experience with the trails out here. I was wondering what are some good trails to hit to get a good feel of the Rubicon. All suggestion would be apricated. I use Alltrails and Trails Offroad so I don't need advice on how to find trails just input on which would be a good one to hit up first and why. Input, pictures, really any input or suggestions appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Iā€™m fairly new to Washington, so Iā€™m watching too. Iā€™ve been to Walker Valley and through the gate check, but no further since I was alone with no winch. I also have been to Reiter foothills, and into the forest roads along Mountain Loop Highway between Granite Falls and the Deer Creek gate (which was closed). Do you have your adventure pass yet?
Iā€™m not on social media, so I need to do some digging to find a group North of Seattle at some point.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
Watching this thread as I'll be looking for some easy trails, like ones where you go off-road to get to a hiking trail or something, as soon as I get my 4xe. Not 100% graded, some rocks or small stream crossing are okay.

OP
OP
0II392II0

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Since there are quite a few of us looking for some good trails, I have a few links with different tails and info. Was hoping for some first hand suggestions and I'm sure we'll get some good input, but for those who were looking into trails in Washington here are some of the best leads I've found so far:

AllTrails: Trail Guides & Maps for Hiking, Camping, and Running | AllTrails
You can find a lot trails from here, so-so for off-road trails great information about all trails in general.

Trails Offroad: Explore the Best 4x4, ATV, Overland, Jeep, and Truck Offroad Trails in Your Area | Trails Offroad
Awesome information about trails. You can see most everything but not quite as user friendly without the paid subscription as Alltrails though. Had a paid subscription when I was in Colorado and felt it was well worth it, getting it again when the Jeep comes.

Best Off-Road Trails in Washington State - Renton Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Blog (rentoncdjr.com)
Information put out by the Renton Jeep dealer (I have zero info/ties with dealer), it list what they felt where the best 12 trails in Washington.

That's what I'm working with so far. For those of you looking for some information on trails in Washington those three are a decent starting point.

Input from those familiar with what's available out here, lets hear your input.

Sponsored

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
My favorite trail is probably the WABDR, and that is simply because of how diverse it is. We had an absolute blast when we ran it a couple of years ago and I would do it again tomorrow.

I've never been to Walker or Reiter, but I do frequent the Manastash/Rim Rock/Naches areas. The Naches Wagon Trail is fun with some good views, and the String trails are just technical enough to keep you awake in a larger platform like the JLU.

OP
OP
0II392II0

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
My favorite trail is probably the WABDR, and that is simply because of how diverse it is. We had an absolute blast when we ran it a couple of years ago and I would do it again tomorrow.

I've never been to Walker or Reiter, but I do frequent the Manastash/Rim Rock/Naches areas. The Naches Wagon Trail is fun with some good views, and the String trails are just technical enough to keep you awake in a larger platform like the JLU.
That's a long one, that might just be the perfect break in trail, looks like I would have to set aside a weekend for that. Did you run the whole trail? If so how long did it take?

Thanks a TON for sharing some trails and giving some suggestions. You might just have a winner for the first one, that just sounds like to much fun. Airing up always seems to come to fast when your out and that looks like good one to scratch that initial itch and find out how it handles off road. I'm supper excited this is my second vehicle with with a SFA and it's been 16 years since I had that rig(90 Cherokee). I can't wait to tackle some harder trails with out a wheel always feeling like it's dangling in the air.(4runner)

Keep the suggestions and experiences coming, all are welcomed and apricated.

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
When we moved up here from AZ, by far the best resource I found online was this website:

NWJEEPN WEBSITE

Lots of great write-ups, maps, and even GPS coordinates. I still find myself referencing some of these maps even though I've now been wheeling the same areas for nearly two decades.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When we moved up here from AZ, by far the best resource I found online was this website:

NWJEEPN WEBSITE

Lots of great write-ups, maps, and even GPS coordinates. I still find myself referencing some of these maps even though I've now been wheeling the same areas for nearly two decades.
Nice! Too bad they only have Tahuya over here on the Peninsula. I know there are more according to the Trails Offroad site.

Tahuya is nice though. Wide range of difficulties. I took my last Wrangler offroad there for the first time. In the dark. Didn't get a scratch on it! Might have left a few mental scars on my brother though :CWL:

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
"JLURH" What is the "H"?

Sponsored

OP
OP
0II392II0

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ya asked for photos so here ya go. Yes they are old and of my old rig. I've only had my jeep for about a year.

I have plenty of photos in this google drive location to also check out

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ng0nHibKXWBDqtBy2

But below are some fun areas I've been to over the last 4 years.

Tahuya is pretty fun. Lots of variety

8nFmm9mdMAEElDgG9rq6O7bA=w2974-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

JqCQCNRD15KiqjTzPQ4711lQ=w2974-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

Fortune Creek to Gallaher lake has some fun trails

ZT6gRx6BbUSkumAI1LlTPJLg=w2644-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

Gg3P9nsNZRtnSg5OlfaXpNRA=w2644-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

Naches Area - Moonrocks, Funny Rocks, Ravens Roost, Tripod, Tipover, Manastash Ridge

VJwhgk9JvrHAPJLeA_S6Pj3K=w3525-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

55R9ZK_Qe0MQy3HHQVvljLwG=w3525-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

S90iXFRMEuQYdZ1of_wMsZh_=w3525-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

Even Creek ORV
v4tKLniE4PIQEoEodaypo3sV=w3525-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

b8QvSxxVsrS-K11RAz8ClpqX=w3525-h1983-no?authuser=0.jpg

Other places are Stampede Pass, Rat Trap Pass, Moses Lake.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Timber Tamers is doing a work party in Walker Valley this weekend. Iā€™m going to try and catch them face to face since Iā€™m not on facebook. Might have to find a cb radio to meet their requirements for going out with them in the future.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'll be changing that as I even pointed out in this thread https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/so-jlurh-jlh-j392.64316/ that the coding for the 392 Rubicons is JLJX74. Edited it to just Rubicon so it doesn't become the joke of this thread, even though I did get a good laugh reading Kaiyakai's response. LOL. 1st post, but I've read enough to know better that putting something like that in the start of thread for sure.
They do make RIght Hand drive Wranglers so that was the reason for my guess. At least it was an amusing one šŸ˜
Sponsored