Sponsored

Washing Naked..? (Possible Dumb Question)

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
The interior is designed to be washed out and still be functional.
Pop your head under the driver side compartment and take a look at how much surface rust is already on all the bare metal support bits, even without the inside of the Jeep ever seeing water.
I cannot imagine hosing out the inside would have a positive impact on the longevity of the vehicle.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Optimum No Rinse. You can wash the entire vehicle with 2 gallons of water without a hose. Use it all the time on my Porsche and JL and it’s nothing short of incredible. Can even wash in your garage.
Tons and tons of videos online about it. Check it out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Washing Naked..? (Possible Dumb Question) 1593785982692

Jeep Wrangler JL Washing Naked..? (Possible Dumb Question) 1593786018856

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
OK... this may be a lazy man's question, but can you wash your jeep naked. It just seems stupid to remove the trail doors, put on the regular doors, put the top up, and put the windows back on, to wash it. Then turn right around and reverse all that, right after finishing the wash. Does anyone wash their Jeep Naked? If so how does that work out?
I wash mine doors off all the time. I use precision hosing. Even so, a little water gets splashed inside. No biggie. That Jeep has had plenty of rain in it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I guarantee taking a hose to your dash and spraying it with water will prove otherwise!
Your guarantee would be wrong. I've twice had mine in downpours that completely saturated the dash. Yes, the touch screen goes wonky, but once dried out it is fine.

My 13 year old JK begs to differ, too. It has been in downpours numerous times.

Does that mean I deliberately hose them off? Nope. Never intentionally, but they do hold up fine. The one time I hosed mine off intentionally was with my YJ. A pelican crapped all over the dash. I took it to a dirt stripper and hit it with the car wash hose. That's the only think that could take care of that nasty stuff. Of course, the YJ didn't have any more electronics in it than a conestoga wagon. Still, they tended to rust around the windshield. Mine never did in 10 years of ownership.

I believe the JL was tested in a more deliberate way for rain resistance than any design before it. Mark Allen said they put it in a "rain chamber" for 24 hours. He might have said 72 hours, but I know it was at least 24.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Your guarantee would be wrong. I've twice had mine in downpours that completely saturated the dash. Yes, the touch screen goes wonky, but once dried out it is fine.

Does that mean I deliberately hose them off? Nope. Never intentionally, but they do hold up fine. The one time I hosed mine off intentionally was with my YJ. A pelican crapped all over the dash. I took it to a dirt stripper and hit it with the car wash hose. That's the only think that could take care of that nasty stuff. Of course, the YJ didn't have any more electronics in it than a conestoga wagon. Still, they tended to rust around the windshield. Mine never did in 10 years of ownership.

I believe the JL was tested in a more deliberate way for rain resistance than any design before it. Mark Allen said they put it in a "rain chamber" for 24 hours. He might have said 72 hours, but I know it was at least 24.
There is a huge difference between rain and the pressure of a water hose, spray nozzle or pressure washer.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack

I didn't say the dash nor the components can't take a hit of water. I said the dash isn't waterproof. Mark Allen can spout how rain resistant the dash is all he wants, but it's no more waterproof or resistant to water than the dash of my Challenger. I've been inside both of them and their construction is virtually the same. Both are held on by typical screws and plastic clips just like every other vehicle out there. The Wrangler dash just ain't that special.

I have a feeling that Spank is doing one of those old mirc chatroom - "Hit ALT-F4 if you want to unleash the power of your computer" and you watch that person disappeared from the chatroom. :LOL:
Nah, I'd take it a step further and Photoshop a picture of it being totally true.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing