Sponsored

Washing Naked..? (Possible Dumb Question)

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
OK... this may be a lazy man's question, but can you wash your jeep naked. It just seems stupid to remove the trail doors, put on the regular doors, put the top up, and put the windows back on, to wash it. Then turn right around and reverse all that, right after finishing the wash. Does anyone wash their Jeep Naked? If so how does that work out?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
All the time and with a power washer when needed. You just have to be careful with the hose and not drench the interior. I’ve had a little spray get in—just dry it up and you’re good.
Thanks..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The interior is designed to be washed out and still be functional.
This is an overstatement. The JL can really get screwed up lets say if you willnilly so to speak, wash it's interior out.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Let me introduce you to the Aloha Car Wash.

Do what those folks do down in the Rainbow State and drive through a thunderstorm with the top off and park it in the sun for a few hours!

Last edited:

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I washed my YJ this way all the time - Just made sure I angled all hose spray working away from the interior. After that, easy peasy, Just a quick towel up on the interior afterwards.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Just don't video it and put it on the FB group page. Kyles and Karens will come out of the wood work to tell you that you've totaled your Jeep. One guy was brazen enough to ask for the VIN to try to blacklist him at the dealership or something.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I take mine with no top or doors to the self wash probably every couple weeks. If you just be careful with your angles when you're spraying you can get it clean without getting the interior wet. You'll get some overspray / mist hitting the inside but nothing crazy at all. I use the foam brush or a wet shamee or microfiber to scrub the caked on stuff off as I go.

Sponsored

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just use a bucket and sponge so I don't have to worry about getting water spray in the Jeep. Just sponge off with water and dry with a microfiber cloth. If it's really muddy I usually either put on the soft doors (takes 3 minutes) and use the pressure washer or just use the pressure washer and be careful.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Might consider covering the dash while washing.