First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
I agree with not letting the dealership do the first wash. Unless you are just lucky enough to have a great dealership with a good pre-delivery take it home and do it yourself. I've seen some of these wash areas with grit in their wash buckets go from car to car using a brush. I took my JL home and did a consumer grade detail on it right off. I was happy that the clay bar just slid over every part of the JL. I assumed that sitting out on the lot would have left water spots and grime but I think a simple detail polish and wax would have done the job. A real detail shop will cost the dealership money and we all know thats not going to happen. Wash it when needed and spend a day each month giving you Jeep a little TLC with a polish wax and protectorate. If you have more money than time find a good detail shop. I know it's just wrong for a dealership to deliver a Jeep with those flaws but the only way to fix it is you or a detail shop doing the correction.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Gathering none of you take a tire off pavement. Or does $3,400 keep the paint from scratches as you go thru brush, scrapes with rocks, bear scratches, etc.?