OP

Reno Wrangler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
It is definitely frustrating to purchase such a capable vehicle to find out that its Achilles heel is washboard roads. My experience in my JLUR is no different then it was in my Silverado 1500, the back end will try to hop around a bit. Being in CO we take a lot of the Forest Service roads that have some pretty gnarly washboards and when I was stock I would air down, use 4H, and try to find and maintain the speed that would allow the suspension to rebound. I have since upgraded to 315/70r/17 (35's) Patagonia M/T's to me that has seem to help a lot. We went camping this weekend and spent and I ran at full psi (37ish) at 25-35mph in 2wd. The vehicle handled the washboards a lot better than before. I do have a lift in the garage waiting for free time and I am sure that will help a bit more but time will tell. My suggestion is if you plan on spending a lot of time on washboards either look at upgrading tires/suspension, if not then look into a decent tool to air down/air up when traveling those types of roads.
Thanks for info. Very Helpful.
Sponsored